Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2013 5:33 pm  #1

Coulda Woulda

It's a slow day...

1) Could SMS have been a successful mens coach at Duq?  Beyond the glass ceiling and novelty, why not?

2) if Duq takes another major stumble, should they drop conferences?  Drop the sport altogether?  Can we survive another stumble or humiliation?  CMU's rep is quite fine with a Division 7 team.  About 4 generations of fans have either been disillusioned or never engaged.  Disbanding might hurt less than a flu shot.

3) Why is the Board keeping GA? 

4) a recent tax return has Duq at $465m.  Can we do this sports thing right?!

4/14/2013 6:38 pm  #2

Re: Coulda Woulda

Make the move in 2013 its a great university it can work clean house. The foundation is built its time Charlie save your legacy! 

4/14/2013 6:49 pm  #3

Re: Coulda Woulda

Jeralta wrote:

It's a slow day...

1) Could SMS have been a successful mens coach at Duq? Beyond the glass ceiling and novelty, why not?

2) if Duq takes another major stumble, should they drop conferences? Drop the sport altogether? Can we survive another stumble or humiliation? CMU's rep is quite fine with a Division 7 team. About 4 generations of fans have either been disillusioned or never engaged. Disbanding might hurt less than a flu shot.

3) Why is the Board keeping GA?

4) a recent tax return has Duq at $465m. Can we do this sports thing right?!

1) Naughty parts aside, there is a pretty substantial difference between the men's and women's game. Can't say she couldn't become a decent men's coach, but I wouldn't want to have to endure the adjustment period.

2) No, and I don't think this is something we would consider doing voluntarily again.

4) That means they spend 3.2% of everything on athletics. Yeah, I think we could afford a hockey team.

Last edited by steve19981 (4/14/2013 6:49 pm)

Board footera