Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2019 8:55 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

The bank is open.

1/16/2019 8:57 pm  #27

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Hopefully, EW can hit some shots in second half. He's struggled mightily with his shooting on the road. Just 6 for 30 this year and 27% for his career which is well below his 38% overall career percentage.

I'd sit Williams down for a couple minutes and see how we do without him. He's not helping at all so far in the 2nd.

Williams sitting at crunch time.

1/16/2019 8:59 pm  #28

Ah winning is fun. We should do this more often. 

1/16/2019 9:00 pm  #29

Hell has frozen over!

1/16/2019 9:00 pm  #30

Look on Weathers face summed it up perfectly!!!!   Wooooo
Sweet win!
Good job team!!!

1/16/2019 9:00 pm  #31

Sweet.

1/16/2019 9:01 pm  #32

Outstanding effort in the second half! This team has no quit. Sincere and Frankie hit some big shots. Nice minutes by wade too.

1/16/2019 9:02 pm  #33

Hey now.

1/16/2019 9:02 pm  #34

They Did It! They #### Ing Did It.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/16/2019 9:02 pm  #35

Real nice effort in crunch time by coaches and players

1/16/2019 9:03 pm  #36

Big, big win for the Dukes!

1/16/2019 9:03 pm  #37

Sincere Carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/16/2019 9:05 pm  #38

Bravo. THAT was a mature win!

1/16/2019 9:07 pm  #39

Nice free throw shooting.

1/16/2019 9:08 pm  #40

We had 'em All The Way!!

GREAT DAY for the hoopers!!!!

1/16/2019 9:13 pm  #41

I love the fight in this team but, for the sake of my health, can we try to win one of these games in routine fashion??? I don’t know if I’m gonna make it through a whole season of this.

1/16/2019 9:13 pm  #42

Great win but one of the a&$@hole spider announcers was moaning that the Dukes were celebrating. He said I hope our players have that burned into their brains or something similar. Toad.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/16/2019 9:14 pm  #43

phil95 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I am tired of hearing about Richmond having our number as if it is some predestined curse.  The Dukes are more than capable of beating any team in this League.  Play the same game as we did against Davidson and we win by double digits.  The Dukes are beginning to really gel with guys playing hard and feeling more comfortable.  I think with Mike Lewis leaving and the bench shortening these guys are embracing their roles.  I also am seeing our transfers shedding the rust and playing with more confidence. I am excited about tonight's game looking for the Dukes ending this Richmond nonsense.  Go Dukes! 

Excellent point on the transfers shedding rust. That really hit me over the head last game for Weathers & F Hughes.

With a bit more improvement Weathers will be a competent back-up at this level!!!

1/16/2019 9:14 pm  #44

Dukes win 74-68.
Interesting how much easier to win 
when you make foul shots.
Down 8 twice in the second half on the road at a place that is very hard for the Dukes to win.
Great win.

1/16/2019 9:15 pm  #45

Wade knows the game.  Watched him on D, he knows where to be, where the opponent is, head on a swivel.  The 3 PG lineup spread richie apart.   Clutch shots, bank opened late.  W is sweet.   
MHughes solid game on D too.  Limited their big Amish kid. 

Get GW now!!!!!

Last edited by townsonkid (1/16/2019 9:17 pm)

1/16/2019 9:21 pm  #46

1. Big road win  - Check
2. Beat Richmond  - Check
3. Monkey off back  - Check

Next....

1/16/2019 9:26 pm  #47

Didn’t hurt they shot 18% from three! Sloppy at times and streaky on offense but we played pretty good d tonight, especially on golden.

1/16/2019 9:29 pm  #48

I am just so grateful to beat that smart ass center of Richmonds.He is a punk.Jaggoff.

1/16/2019 9:29 pm  #49

townsonkid wrote:

Gonna think up lyrics to ‘if i only had a brain’ but change to if we could only play a zone.

Every team can limit our dribble drives but we can limit anyones cause we chase the ball like a cat chases a mouse.

I am only reading the stats from the game.  What defense did the Dukes use in the second half??  Whatever they used...it worked.

1/16/2019 9:33 pm  #50

Duques102 wrote:

Didn’t hurt they shot 18% from three! Sloppy at times and streaky on offense but we played pretty good d tonight, especially on golden.

What defense did they use in second half??  It looks like the team is bonding and there is better communication and chemistry.

Board footera