Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2019 9:34 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

I was oddly confident the Dukes would win tonight and they really showed up and did it. A great shooting night is what you need on the road sometimes and we got it, luckily. Carry continues to look outstanding. Michael Hughes' block on their big guy Grant Golden was a showstopper. Very entertaining game overall!

Last edited by DukesDan (1/16/2019 9:35 pm)

1/16/2019 9:35 pm  #52

Dsnyder15 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Gonna think up lyrics to ‘if i only had a brain’ but change to if we could only play a zone.

Every team can limit our dribble drives but we can limit anyones cause we chase the ball like a cat chases a mouse.

I am only reading the stats from the game.  What defense did the Dukes use in the second half??  Whatever they used...it worked.

Yeah, 2nd half they tightened it up.  Gilyard had fun vs that defense in the first half.  I think playing Wade made a difference, he knows what he is doing on defense.  The fact he made a few shots helped a lot too.
I dont think its good to not ever play a zone.  It can save energy, allow to go bigger if they use a 2-3, slow a game down or force outside shots when a team is struggling.  I'm not saying become Syracuse, but at least have the option.  Plus, at this point, every team will know we dont play a zone, so going to one might throw a team off their game plan.  Who knows.  I dont.  I just comment on things.  :-)
But, maybe we can get a game where we dominate from the get, and can try some things, instead of these maalox games.  I'm gonna have an ulcer soon if these close games last all year.  

Last edited by townsonkid (1/16/2019 9:38 pm)

1/16/2019 9:36 pm  #53

townsonkid wrote:

Wade knows the game. Watched him on D, he knows where to be, where the opponent is, head on a swivel. The 3 PG lineup spread richie apart. Clutch shots, bank opened late. W is sweet.
MHughes solid game on D too. Limited their big Amish kid.

Get GW now!!!!!

I read on this board that Wade and Carry couldn't be on the floor at the same time. Wade isn't going to beat Carry out, so being able to play with him is the key to getting on the floor. It isn't a classic lineup, but unorthodox lineups are in vogue today. Not sure what this means for Norman though.

1/16/2019 9:37 pm  #54

Tejas, how do you say, "We beat Richmond " in Latin?

1/16/2019 9:46 pm  #55

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Wade knows the game. Watched him on D, he knows where to be, where the opponent is, head on a swivel. The 3 PG lineup spread richie apart. Clutch shots, bank opened late. W is sweet.

Get GW now!!!!!

I read on this board that Wade and Carry couldn't be on the floor at the same time. Wade isn't going to beat Carry out, so being able to play with him is the key to getting on the floor. It isn't a classic lineup, but unorthodox lineups are in vogue today. Not sure what this means for Norman though.

Norman did actually play a good bit in the first half which I was happy to see.  He played good defense, but was never open and didn't force anything.  I'm very happy with the win.  Bring on GW.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/16/2019 9:46 pm  #56

scduke wrote:

Nos superavit Richmond, or;
nos victus richmond

At least that's what the online translater says.

1/16/2019 9:47 pm  #57

scduke wrote:

Weum beatus Richmondicus.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/16/2019 9:49 pm  #58

I liked that Wade scored. Still think Lamar Norman packs more punch. Also, second the earlier call about that caveman center. I will leave out the italian expletives but what was with that headband n the floopy hair? One on one i think Hughes owned him.

1/16/2019 9:50 pm  #59

Finalmente weum beatum richmonducus

1/16/2019 9:53 pm  #60

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Get GW now!!!!!

With this team, I'd just tell them to stay alert, cause we have seen just about everyone have a big night so far.  I think tonight was Wade's best, Rotroff, Kelly, Carry, Norman have all had big games.  Be ready when your time comes.

1/16/2019 9:54 pm  #61

townsonkid wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Gonna think up lyrics to ‘if i only had a brain’ but change to if we could only play a zone.

Every team can limit our dribble drives but we can limit anyones cause we chase the ball like a cat chases a mouse.

I am only reading the stats from the game.  What defense did the Dukes use in the second half??  Whatever they used...it worked.

Yeah, 2nd half they tightened it up.  Gilyard had fun vs that defense in the first half.  I think playing Wade made a difference, he knows what he is doing on defense.  The fact he made a few shots helped a lot too.
I dont think its good to not ever play a zone.  It can save energy, allow to go bigger if they use a 2-3, slow a game down or force outside shots when a team is struggling.  I'm not saying become Syracuse, but at least have the option.  Plus, at this point, every team will know we dont play a zone, so going to one might throw a team off their game plan.  Who knows.  I dont.  I just comment on things.  :-)
But, maybe we can get a game where we dominate from the get, and can try some things, instead of these maalox games.  I'm gonna have an ulcer soon if these close games last all year.  

This is going to be a Maalox season.  I just don't see a bunch of transfers and freshman smoking these teams.  Learn to play D, communicate, deal with college issues and how to be good teammates on and off the floor. If they get 20 wins and accomplish that....it will be a great season.  IMO

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (1/16/2019 9:57 pm)

1/16/2019 10:05 pm  #62

Saint Joseph knocked off Davidson.  That team and win is looking better in the rear view mirror.

1/16/2019 10:09 pm  #63

What a great team win. Especially since Eric Williams is struggling mightily with his shot; and didn’t play a factor in the comeback.

Lots of potential MVP candidates for this game, but Sin Carry’s line is ridic: 37 minutes, 21 points (4-6 from 2; 3-7 from 3; 4-5 from FT), 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 6 assists and only 1 turnover.

1/16/2019 11:11 pm  #64

stew wrote:

I am just so grateful to beat that smart ass center of Richmonds.He is a punk.Jaggoff.

Hear Hear

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/16/2019 11:18 pm  #65

scduke wrote:

Victi sumus Richmond!!!!!! 

And I am not changing my signature, especially after hearing their Barney Fife announcer criticize the Dukes in the last seconds of the game. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/16/2019 11:22 pm  #66

I will admit it. I was all set to make a "Bill Murray....Groundhog Day" post again and then the last three minutes happened.

And when they had that stupid turnover against the press with less than two minutes to play, I was back there.

Glad I was wrong!  Great night.

Odds and predictions thread will be updated in the near future I imagine.  :-)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2019 7:16 am  #67

Nice to see Wade make a couple shots and get a little longer look. I'm sure he's been working hard in practice. It's good to have a kid hitting at 94% from the line that you can get the ball to at the end of a game. Not only can Dunn-Martin hit free throws he gave the big kid a little shove after he pushed Hughes.

1/17/2019 7:39 am  #68

There's a fan on the Richmond board predicting the Dukes get into a brawl this season. He said the Dukes were a bunch of cocky punks that are going to get their due. I like that we're rubbing some guys the wrong way. Them two bank shots must still be stinging.

1/17/2019 8:14 am  #69

WashPaRick wrote:

There's a fan on the Richmond board predicting the Dukes get into a brawl this season. He said the Dukes were a bunch of cocky punks that are going to get their due. I like that we're rubbing some guys the wrong way. Them two bank shots must still be stinging.

I see they are also ripping their coach as well.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2019 8:57 am  #70

Boy it feels good to beat those guys!

1/17/2019 9:13 am  #71

It is my experience that Richmond fans are the absolute worst of anyone we play. And that includes Pitt.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/17/2019 9:21 am  #72

You can see and feel the confidence level growing in this team.  Your Dukes are 12-5 keep it rolling. Go Dukes!!!

https://twitter.com/primetimeMitch/status/1085766091115294720

1/17/2019 9:26 am  #73

Complaints from the Richmond announcers and whining from their fans is music.
Eat it.
I'd love to the guys get another road win at GW and set up a truly interesting test at 
home against St. Louis.
DEFENSE!

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

1/17/2019 9:32 am  #74

Tejas_Duke wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

I see they are also ripping their coach as well.

Check out the Richmond board in regard to the fans demanding that the AD fire Coach Moony halarious. Reminds me of this board regarding the thousands of post addressing the ineptitude of the three stooges:Quinnipiac  Clown, Chuckie & Jim Ferry. I like the new vibe coming from this board. Go Dukes.

1/17/2019 9:40 am  #75

Richmond has the oversized caveman and no caveman is ever going to punk the Dukes.Its our time and I 
feel like the truck driver driving his truck into Mingo Juction Ohio,the opening scene of the movie DEER HUNTER. We will kick Richmond in the ass if Caveman wants to get chippy,

Board footera