Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2019 4:33 pm  #1

Status of James Ellis

Questions in my mind -  obviously Ellis has little if any 'hands on' involvement with the team while academically redshirting,  while Swingle (who is unofficially a redshirt freshman) practices daily with the team;  Understandingly he is getting extra help in the academic area....
- is he allowed to utilize the practice gyms at Palumbo?  
- can he use the work out equipment in the gym?
- are the coaches allowed to give him any guidance and instructional assistance in basketball?   Or is he compelled to get that assistance on his own?

1/18/2019 4:39 pm  #2

Re: Status of James Ellis

I remember one of the reporters saying that they saw him shooting free throws on the far court while the team practiced.

1/18/2019 4:54 pm  #3

He can work out and do everything but practice or play with the team.  My recollection is that Jordan Robinson was in a similar situation, and he was allowed to have private sessions with a coach.

1/18/2019 6:22 pm  #4

On one of Coaches interviews from the practice court you can see Ellis under the basket while another player is shooting free throws.

1/18/2019 10:15 pm  #5

Gotta ponder how you reconcile 5 big guys down the road,  when only two (M.Hughes & Rotroff) are getting playing time now.  The other three (Bizeau, Swingle and Ellis) we have limited knowledge re their game time capabilities, although i have heard indirectly that Ellis may be the most viable.  The other factors are the inbuilt propensity for injuries and the potential for expanded roles (ie the ability to fill in at the forward position).   In the coming season probably Hughes, Bizeau and Ellis could fill in at forward.  

Has anyone heard how Swingle is progressing?

Last edited by gjgsr (1/18/2019 10:16 pm)

Board footera