Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2019 12:01 pm  #1

Richmond

With the weather forecast if I had good sense I would stay home today, but I told Dan I'd be there and it is breast cancer awareness day so in honor of my late mother, a 2 time survivor of breast cancer, I'll put on my pink tie-dye Fight Like A Girl t-shirt and head for Palumbo Center.

Let's Go Dukes!

1/19/2019 1:29 pm  #2

Re: Richmond

VBC wrote:

With the weather forecast if I had good sense I would stay home today, but I told Dan I'd be there and it is breast cancer awareness day so in honor of my late mother, a 2 time survivor of breast cancer, I'll put on my pink tie-dye Fight Like A Girl t-shirt and head for Palumbo Center.

Let's Go Dukes!

God bless you and your Mom!

1/19/2019 3:45 pm  #3

What a fantastic win. Sure, Richmond is down, but absolutely the type of drubbing this team should give the Spiders given the talent they have.

4-1 A10. Keep it coming.

1/19/2019 4:24 pm  #4

Seems like they are starting to turn the corner. Coach Burt’s wild press conference appears to have gotten their attention.

1/19/2019 4:46 pm  #5

If that was the press conference imagine what was said in the room.

1/19/2019 5:02 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

VBC wrote:

Let's Go Dukes!

God bless you and your Mom!

Thank you!

1/19/2019 5:04 pm  #7

The best game so far this season.  This is the type of play we expected all year long.  I believe the corner has indeed been turned and that an NCAA bid is there for the taking.

1/19/2019 7:30 pm  #8

Easily the best game of the year for the team, especially the passing. 25 assists on 28 hoops is unreal. The enthusiasm is back. Now, will power needs to kick in to keep this string going. Go Dukes!

1/20/2019 9:44 am  #9

Team was also 16-18 from the Free Throw Line.

SPECIAL Shout out to Libby -  She had 8 Rebounds -  spent a good deal of time guarding Aniyah Carpenter who is probably Richmond's best player -  And with one of those "hustle plays" (diving for a loose ball, coming up with a steal etc) led directly to a Technical Foul on one of their players.

BEAT LA SALLE!!!

1/20/2019 10:22 am  #10

That was the Dukes team I came to expect. The fire was in their eyes from the 1st possession and it never let up. Great team basketball yesterday

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/20/2019 12:28 pm  #11

Now that is more like it !!!

Put your boots on a bad teams neck and don't let up.

Choke the life out of 'em early and let them know - this is our home court and your in BIG TROUBLE !!!!!

1/20/2019 6:58 pm  #12

What I liked- Lass and Sole- 9 of 17 (53%).  Sole 15 minutes.  3 straight A10 wins.

Cautionary - Richmond has won only 3 games this season.  A better test for the Dukes will be their (away) game @  
La Salle.

Something to ponder as the Dukes move into the meat of conference play- With the offense heating up, is it out of the question for Duquesne to occasionally switch to a 2-3 or 3-2 zone against certain teams to limit their liabilities?  The number 5, 6, and 10th ranked teams in the country will not hesitate to play zone.  Why do you think they do?.

1/21/2019 9:56 am  #13

Yes I agree it was a great win!!!  Yes they need to play zone a lot more often or switch it up so you keep the offense guessing.   They are too slow to play man the whole game.  Richmond was bad and so is Lasalle..... It will keep getting tougher.  

1/21/2019 10:04 am  #14

I keep scratching my head and wonder why Chass is not starting, she needs to play the entire game, with Lass.  Conor should play if healthy also.  Juliana should also be playing at least 30 min as long as she is passing the ball and not dribbling too much.   Still not sure what his point is with Chass   92  3 pointers last year and 18 points/game.   Cant figure that out.   Libby should only be playing 20, not giving enough.  need to play zone and push the ball on offense.  Only guards that push the ball in transition is Chas and Conor.  The others dribble with their heads down.   The best teams get the ball and get it out and moving.  We need to have more transition points.   Kadri playing well!!  Hope they keep it going, Need key people in to win big games.   If not, they don't have a chance.    They are playing with much more confidence which is great!!!!

1/21/2019 12:41 pm  #15

The guess is that Connor is not fully healthy due to the knee surgery. Her minutes seem limited to the times energy is needed. Agree that Chas is the most important player on offense since she can get her shot off. Agree that Juca has to keep ball moving. Need Laia to give solid minutes because that adds size and strength. If this team continues to believe in itself, then the league title will come down to DU and Dayton. Go Dukes!

1/21/2019 2:36 pm  #16

johnnycoach wrote:

I keep scratching my head and wonder why Chass is not starting, she needs to play the entire game, with Lass.  Conor should play if healthy also.  Juliana should also be playing at least 30 min as long as she is passing the ball and not dribbling too much.   Still not sure what his point is with Chass   92  3 pointers last year and 18 points/game.   Cant figure that out.   Libby should only be playing 20, not giving enough.  need to play zone and push the ball on offense.  Only guards that push the ball in transition is Chas and Conor.  The others dribble with their heads down.   The best teams get the ball and get it out and moving.  We need to have more transition points.   Kadri playing well!!  Hope they keep it going, Need key people in to win big games.   If not, they don't have a chance.    They are playing with much more confidence which is great!!!!

There are only 200 Minutes to Allocate -  Libby had 8 Rebounds on Saturday and as I mentioned in an earlier post came up with a hustle play that drew a "T" - the 35 minutes she did play was high but ....  although it was not the case on Saturday - there were one or two games the team might not have won without Amanda -  That "Third Quarter Run" against George Mason - She had 12 POINTS and I think 2 assists!! -  -  Agree that Chas might be the most important player on offense but at one point when they talked about the "Senior Struggles" she was hitting like 20% from 3 point range.  Halle has come up with some big plays defensively -  Yet she hasn't gotten much time lately - There are times when Paige plays a good deal better than Laia times when the opposite is true --  Just have to trust the coaching staff when allocating the minutes based on individual match ups and who might be playing well.  

Board footera