Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2019 10:22 am  #1

Any ideas of our attendance tomorrow

I say 3,600 show up tomorrow.If Duquesne ever has a capacity crowd Dukes would never lose to any team in A10.

1/25/2019 10:45 am  #2

Re: Any ideas of our attendance tomorrow

So the athletic department / social media team are shooting for 1,000 students as a goal. There were ~600 there on Wednesday, including the football team. 1,000 is really ambitious and is just short of a typical City Game attendance (this year's 1500 mark or whatever it was was very atypical - it was a duq single game record). I don't think they'll get there but it could be close. Maybe 800-850?

VCU will probably bring about 200 more fans than SLU did because they of course travel extremely well.

My friend on Twitter said he was already unable to get 4 seats next to each other in A sections yesterday. That's 2 days in advance, I will assume the lower bowl is sold out at this point or by EOD.

(update:another Twitter friend said he couldn't buy 2 in a row in the lower bowl. It would seem these are now virtually gone)

Between the thrill or the last game, the better start time on a better day, and the federal employee promo, I'm thinking an additional 400 of yinz are gonna come.

That's my somewhat scientific breakdown that gets me to a prediction of

Last edited by yak-rbc (1/25/2019 11:32 am)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/25/2019 11:38 am  #3

1/25/2019 1:28 pm  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

So the athletic department / social media team are shooting for 1,000 students as a goal. There were ~600 there on Wednesday, including the football team. 1,000 is really ambitious and is just short of a typical City Game attendance (this year's 1500 mark or whatever it was was very atypical - it was a duq single game record). I don't think they'll get there but it could be close. Maybe 800-850?

VCU will probably bring about 200 more fans than SLU did because they of course travel extremely well.

My friend on Twitter said he was already unable to get 4 seats next to each other in A sections yesterday. That's 2 days in advance, I will assume the lower bowl is sold out at this point or by EOD.

(update:another Twitter friend said he couldn't buy 2 in a row in the lower bowl. It would seem these are now virtually gone)

Between the thrill or the last game, the better start time on a better day, and the federal employee promo, I'm thinking an additional 400 of yinz are gonna come.

That's my somewhat scientific breakdown that gets me to a prediction of

I got 2 in an A section, behind our bench, I cant go tomorrow(need to be with my mom), I would give them away, but can find any takers.  If anyone wants them and is willing to come to South Hills area, Century 3 mall, I will hand them off.  I'll check back here in an hour or so, 3pm-ish.  

1/25/2019 5:34 pm  #5

I'll go with Sin and E - 3550

I've very much looking forward to the game tomorrow and seeing more former players at the game than usual.  Bruce Atkins, Jim Balog, BB Flenory, Don Maser, Garry Nelson, Jack Wojdowski, Rich Esposito and Brian Shanahan are there regularly and I expect to see many more.  I know Ron Guziak and Norm Nixon will be there.  I'll be bringing a couple of Van Braam alums with me.  I hope to see Van Braam Hall Of Famer Jack Yun.  Hopefully Barry Nelson, Pat Felix, Dave Pavlic, Mike Barr, Moe Barr, Fred Moon, Jeff Baldwin, Barnett Harris, Don Gambridge and Mark Beavers and many more will be attending.

1/25/2019 6:38 pm  #6

Agree with you VBC and especially hoping for an appearance by The People's Choice aka The Maharaja
Aka Chicken G ..Donny Gambridge! Nelson twins BB and Mas are coming for sure. See you there!

1/25/2019 7:38 pm  #7

Jack, I'm looking forward to telling Gumby that Austin Rotroff is The People's Choice For The 21st Century.

1/25/2019 7:50 pm  #8

Haha  lmao VBC love it!!! Seriously,I think attendance tomorrow will be the best of season  possible 4000 and YAk you mentioned football recognition at St Louis which was a nice touch and further evidence that this administration gets it! I think your attendance assessment and analysis is spot on . I have talked to Dave Harper at football games and he often says 1 fan at a time meaning slowly but surely he will do what it takes to win and bring fans and I think we are seeing it!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (1/25/2019 8:02 pm)

1/25/2019 8:40 pm  #9

Gotta win if we get that big crowd so they come back!  Don’t remember us winning ever in front of Norm Nixon when he was there.

Last edited by FAM (1/25/2019 8:40 pm)

1/26/2019 5:01 pm  #10

3,706 attendees. I need a minutes to see when's the last time we had that at palumbo

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/26/2019 5:21 pm  #11

yak-rbc wrote:

3,706 attendees. I need a minutes to see when's the last time we had that at palumbo

So the last time we had that many people at a home game was February 21,2015 when 5227 people saw us beat Dayton. But that was at Then-CONSOL Energy Center.

The last time Palumbo was that full was January 12th, 2014 when 3,740 people saw Duquesne lose to La Salle.

And for the record, the last time Duquesne won in front of as many people in Palumbo as today was February 4, 2012, the last time Palumbo was sold out and the only time we won at home in a conference game against Richmond. 4,481

1/27/2019 1:31 pm  #12

Btw Yak pretty good forecasting on the attendance! Who do you like in the Super Bowl! Haha Seriously , every game is a little better and yesterday's tough loss without Sincere should not deter the upward trend IMHO!

Board footera