Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2019 6:41 pm  #1

Ladies win in OT

Ladies were down 6 last minute of Regulation -  Connor hit a 3 - VCU missed 2 Free Throws -  Chassidy hit a 3 pointer with 7 seconds left in regulation (over a 6 foooter with a pretty good wingspan)

Ladies got up by 2 forced a miss -  Kadri Ann hit one of two free throws and VCU missed the desperation 3.

Chassidy had 21 -  Halle while not scoring did a fine job on the boards - Kadri Ann had another tough shooting day but had 7 blocks.

I think VCU is the best team in the league -  ALL today's win probably does is guarantee the ladies a first round home game -  looked like there were a bunch of teams within 2 games of each other - a loss could have sent them downward.

THREE CHEERS FOR THE LADIES AND THEIR VALIANT EFFORT TODY.

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

2/23/2019 7:37 pm  #2

Re: Ladies win in OT

Gutsy effort.  The Dukes battled against a tough team. Dukes did not get many calls either. The defensive effort was strong and Coach went offense/defense in overtime. Solid team effort. Dukes seem to be better when they push the ball offensively. Great win where everyone contributed in different ways. Team looks to be jelling. Go Dukes!

2/23/2019 7:39 pm  #3

Unable to watch the game, but congratulations to the Dukes women.

Question- Does anyone know why Sole didn't play?

2/23/2019 7:50 pm  #4

Was watching game. When it went into OT, they just cut away to the WVU women's game. Really crappy thing to do. 

2/23/2019 8:59 pm  #5

Great win!!!     Really awesome team effort.   I almost left with 2 minutes to go.    Really glad I didn’t.   

I love how Halle Bovell has progressed this year.   A defensive presence that has earned her minutes.

Last edited by A83 (2/23/2019 9:01 pm)

2/23/2019 9:03 pm  #6

sperlman wrote:

Unable to watch the game, but congratulations to the Dukes women.

Question- Does anyone know why Sole didn't play?

Sperlman: Doesn't look like it was anything more than  "shortening the bench"  First time Angie got in did fairly well - her second stint was pretty brief.  Looks like Sole is now behind Angie and Paige addition to being behind Halle as well.  She was in uniform -  so it doesn't seem to be injury related  

2/23/2019 9:31 pm  #7

It was a very impressive win today.  A very fun day at Palumbo Center.  It was the best I've seen them play as a team this season and it showed despite the many bumps in the road they've hit in some very frustrating losses this team can still win the A-10 Tournament and make the postseason.  I'm hopeful that both the women and the men can win their way into the NCAA tournament this year.  For the first time ever both have a realistic shot to do it in the same year.

Board footera