Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2019 2:23 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - George Mason Patriots

Couple of good stats as the season winds down. We have 5  players averaging double figures in A-10 play with Tavian not far off at 8.6. Weathers is shooting at 72 plus at the line after being at around 40% early in the year. That's 72% in A-10 play.

Last edited by WashPaRick (2/24/2019 2:24 pm)

2/24/2019 10:51 pm  #52

townsonkid wrote:

Hot damn!
Gotta admit, I was expecting them to make a shot there. #31 was the last player GMu wanted to have the shot.

My mom is in hospital, sitting with her this morning and early afternoon, i was in need of a boost. This was perfect timing. Great W!!!

Quick question for anyone interested in the idea -- With all the conference regular season champs gobbling up NIT bids, what is the chance the Dukes could still get an NIT bid if they finish with 20 wins but don't win the A10 tourney? That would be interesting if they were able to pull that off.
And hope your mom is OK, towson! Prayers for her.

2/24/2019 11:16 pm  #53

Crosseye wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Hot damn!
Gotta admit, I was expecting them to make a shot there. #31 was the last player GMu wanted to have the shot.

My mom is in hospital, sitting with her this morning and early afternoon, i was in need of a boost. This was perfect timing. Great W!!!

Quick question for anyone interested in the idea -- With all the conference regular season champs gobbling up NIT bids, what is the chance the Dukes could still get an NIT bid if they finish with 20 wins but don't win the A10 tourney? That would be interesting if they were able to pull that off.
And hope your mom is OK, towson! Prayers for her.

20 wins won't come close. The NCAA runs the NIT now, and uses the same criteria they do for the NCAAs. They basically just continue the list they have for the NCAAs, and fill the NIT with the bubble teams. We're nowhere close to the bubble. The days when the NIT would take any eastern team with a pulse are long gone.

2/25/2019 8:02 am  #54

I cant remember the A10 much last year, URI was really good.  But no A10 team made the NIT last year(unless I missed them by mistake).  The worst teams from my weak recollection to make the NIT were Temple at just above .500 and Boston College because they are ACC, and were slightly over .500.  Some teams were like 27-5, so its a mixed bag(could be conf winners who dont win their tourney).

The shocker to me was that no A10 team made the CBI either(not that there are a lot of teams to make it(16 I believe).  North Texas won it with regular season and conference losing records.

URI, SBU and Davidson were the only teams that deserved a post season bid last year, everyone else was around .500 or worse in the A10.

Barring us going 5-2 or probably 6-1(losing in a10 finals), I see us in the CBI.  Hopefully we host as many as we can, although we can win on the road, it would be nice to gain momentum for the future.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/25/2019 8:05 am)

2/25/2019 8:45 am  #55

I feel like we're probably NCAA or bust at this point. We have no chance at the NIT because of the criteria mentioned above. And we aren't likely to be willing to host in the CBI because they want to get started on the new arena as soon as the women's A-10s are over. So, the only possibility would be to go CBI as a road team, if they get invited.

2/25/2019 11:59 am  #56

Quote or quote off the George Mason Board about Saturday's game, assuming I copied and pasted correctly (I was there):
"****The one thing I admired about Duquesne is outside of the first five minutes, they played with a ton of intensity and sustained it for about 35 minutes. We couldn’t sustain any level of intensity at all.****"

Last edited by grammudder (2/25/2019 12:00 pm)

2/25/2019 1:22 pm  #57

townsonkid wrote:

I cant remember the A10 much last year, URI was really good.  But no A10 team made the NIT last year(unless I missed them by mistake).  The worst teams from my weak recollection to make the NIT were Temple at just above .500 and Boston College because they are ACC, and were slightly over .500.  Some teams were like 27-5, so its a mixed bag(could be conf winners who dont win their tourney).

The shocker to me was that no A10 team made the CBI either(not that there are a lot of teams to make it(16 I believe).  North Texas won it with regular season and conference losing records.

URI, SBU and Davidson were the only teams that deserved a post season bid last year, everyone else was around .500 or worse in the A10.

Barring us going 5-2 or probably 6-1(losing in a10 finals), I see us in the CBI.  Hopefully we host as many as we can, although we can win on the road, it would be nice to gain momentum for the future.

These days, the NIT takes every team from any conference that wins the regular season but is beaten in the conference tournament. Unless they get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. That takes up a lot of room in the NIT field. For example, if Robert Morris or St. Francis win the NEC regular season, they're automatically in the NIT, unless one of them wins the conference tournament and gets the NCAA bid.

Board footera