Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2019 10:10 pm  #1

A-10 Tourney

Ladies finish #3 over all - host Rhode Island Tuesday Night - winner of that game plays winner of St. Louis - Richmond game Friday Night 7 PM at Palumbo Center.

Even though St Bonnie has struggled this year - Think for the most part the ladies played really well today.

3/02/2019 10:23 pm  #2

Re: A-10 Tourney

I loved that Angela is back to health and playing well.  Halle Bovell is a different player than st the beginning of the season.  She reminds me of Raegan Moore and Jose Anne Johnson in the way Coach Burt and the coaching staff has brought the best out of her.   Can’t wait to see how she improves next year.

Last edited by A83 (3/02/2019 10:23 pm)

3/02/2019 11:39 pm  #3

They're playing their best ball of the season now.  They can win their way into the NCAAs.  It was a fun day at Palumbo today.

3/03/2019 8:56 am  #4

No question the Dukes are playing really good ball. Everyone scored yesterday. Halle Bovell and Angela Staffelino are coming on strong. As long as the shooting holds up, the A10 championship is in sight. Give Coach credit. This is a team on a roll and that starts with his leadership and the women buying in. Give the team credit. The parts are meshing. Their defense has picked up. Libby Bazalak is running the team with consistency. Chas and Juca are shooting and working on D. Conner could be the key with her hard defensive efforts in the tourney. Kadri Ann blocked at least seven shots yesterday. Tourney will be fought out by some evenly matched teams but I like our chances since the team’s confidence has grown. Go Dukes!
PS. Big time kudos to Dan for the way he handled Senior Day. Showed the Seniors love which they deserve! Congratulations to the Seniors.

3/03/2019 12:26 pm  #5

Great double-header yesterday.  I'm gonna be hoarse for 2 days but fortunately the ladies poured it on in the second half & I could save my voice.

Here is the bracket:
http://www.atlantic10.com/fls/31600/pdfs/2019_WBB_Bracket.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=31600

3/03/2019 2:34 pm  #6

HookShot wrote:

PS. Big time kudos to Dan for the way he handled Senior Day. Showed the Seniors love which they deserve! Congratulations to the Seniors.

I appreciated him communicating to me that each player was coming out of the game for the last time so I could show acknowledge them on the PA mic.  

3/03/2019 3:23 pm  #7

SteelCityVoice wrote:

HookShot wrote:

I appreciated him communicating to me that each player was coming out of the game for the last time so I could show acknowledge them on the PA mic.  

I saw him say something to you in the 4th quarter and I was wondering what it was.    Everything was very nice yesterday

3/03/2019 3:46 pm  #8

Officer Dribble wrote:

Great double-header yesterday.  I'm gonna be hoarse for 2 days but fortunately the ladies poured it on in the second half & I could save my voice.

Here is the bracket:
http://www.atlantic10.com/fls/31600/pdfs/2019_WBB_Bracket.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=31600

Props to all the Pep Band kids to played for both games.

3/03/2019 9:45 pm  #9

I'm liking the bracket the Dukes are in.  Based on their recent play, I project them defeating Rhode Island and St. Louis  dispatching Richmond, which sets up a rematch with the Billikens from last season's tourney and one  of the worst officiated games I have seen in recent memory- the one where Dan's justifiable post-game comments about the inconsistent officiating, got him suspended.

I am sure those who were on the team last season remember that game.  What a great opportunity for payback.  The way the team is playing now, they are perfectly capable of taking care of St. Louis (I hope it's a rout- with the officials having nothing to do with the outcome), which then sets up a like battle against always tough Fordham.

But one game at a time.  Looking forward to 6 in a row.

Board footera