Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2019 8:30 pm  #1

5 in a row

Honestly now, how many of us would have predicted the Dukes would be peaking just at the right time, running off 5 in a row and heading into the A-10 Tournament right on their home court?

True, there are no other options for Dan's unit to get to the Big Dance, other than running the table and winning the A-10 Tourney outright.  It's unfortunately that he scheduled an overly aggressive non-conference schedule against a number of ultra-athletic teams Duquesne had no real chance in defeating.  We can argue the point, but those losses had to impact the players' confidence levels significantly enough to where they began losing to teams they should have beaten.  We all know who those teams were/are.

But that's in the past.  I actually think there's a realistic chance the Dukes can win this thing.  I'm concerned about Lass' inconsistency, but overall, they are playing like the team we expected before the start of the season. Libby has really become a smarter, more impactful player at both end of the court.  With some exceptions, their offensive flow is good; they're moving the ball around; they're getting the ball into the posts. Their defense is even better. 

So, for those of you who have complained about my pessimism in the past, Duquesne just might be able to run the table.  They have to play complete games; they can't afford to take a quarter off- but their confidence is back.  They can do this.  What do you think?

3/02/2019 10:04 pm  #2

Re: 5 in a row

You know what I think.  I think you spent 3 of 4 very long paragraphs rehashing all the negatives of this season.  Calling out Coach Burt for his scheduling and coaching.  And patting yourself on the back. 

You forgot to mention the Oregon State basketball head coach.  Or that you sat with Billie Jean King or some other star watching the game. That’s what I think.

Go Dukes.  Bring this home.

Last edited by A83 (3/02/2019 10:39 pm)

3/03/2019 12:13 pm  #3

You are entitled to your opinion, but please explain how paragraphs 1, 3 and 4 are rehashing negatives.

Regarding paragraph 2, if you watched and listened to the GW broadcast on Feb. 27, you would know that it was Coach Burt himself who admitted he put together an overaggressive non-conference schedule that resulted in a loss of confidence among the team, so I was simply repeating his point.

This is (thankfully) a forum to express diverse points of view about the women's program.  Throughout the season, a number of good folks have expressed their disappointment about this season, including specific reasons for the team's struggles.  Whatever we think about the team, now is the time to cheer them on to 4 more wins and get an automatic bid into the Tournament.  You are so prejudiced about my prior comments, that you are unable to see my positive remarks in the last post.  

Here's my question for you- Why are you so bothered that I have strong relationships with other WBB programs and try to share insights (about the performance of those programs and their learning experiences), and connect them to Duquesne's journey to excellence?  If you think this is my attempt to 'show-off' who I know and what I've done in women's basketball, then you are sadly mistaken.  I do it to help facilitate interesting dialog, which is what this platform has provided in the past.  It's unique from many other platforms- which is a blessing, but of course, you would not know anything about that.

If you are looking for a forum where only positive comments are supported and where constructive criticism (and tough love) is not appreciated, this is not the place for you. 

GO DUKES!

3/03/2019 3:43 pm  #4

This is exactly your attempt to show off which was 5 paragraphs this time.   It’s all about you.   Others have expressed disappointment and moved on.  You spent the entire season Complaining about Burt’s schedule, his coaching, his recruiting and why Laia Sole isn’t playing.  You aren’t smarter than Coach Burt.

Your positive remarks always have qualifiers to them.  “With the exception” or “even”.

And another guy called you out this season.  And I should have agreed with him then.  He was right.  I’m really not sure what your agenda or motives are.

Last edited by A83 (3/03/2019 4:19 pm)

3/03/2019 9:53 pm  #5

My agenda is to stimulate vigorous, but respectful conversation and debate  whether you agree with me or not, which is missing from many other message boards, and you have helped me succeed.  

Thank you!

Board footera