Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2019 3:46 pm  #1

How high can Chas go?

By my calculations, Omogrosso now has 1.632 career points, which is 4th all-time in Duquesne history behind

3. Candace Futrell (1,668)
2. Wumi Agunbiade (1,776)
A big gap
1. Korie Hlede (2,631)

If her season came to an end on Tuesday, she would only need to average 18 points a game to match Futrell.

QF appearance- 12 PPG or only slightly more than her season average already
SF appearance- 9 PPG

If the Dukes reach the finals, it would only take about 7 PPG to match Futrell, and perhaps Agunbiade's 2nd place spot becomes possibly in danger if she goes on an absolute tear

Finals appearance- 28.8 PPG
NCAA Round 1- 24 PPG

It's been great to watch her chase history after the new coach at Pitt (at the time) told her she was too small to get playing time

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/01/2019 5:40 pm  #2

Re: How high can Chas go?

Chas Omogrosso is unquestionably one of the toughest players DU has ever had. Talented, hard working and just a winner. I am hoping she goes out with an A10 championship. She has been a real pleasure to watch!

3/05/2019 3:55 pm  #3

Before the A10 tournament begins, Chas needs only 11 points to take the 3rd spot all time. Plenty of time on the way to the conference final to get there. Go Dukes!

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/05/2019 6:41 pm  #4

Despite her small size, Chas has continuously improved her overall game beyond scoring, especially in two areas:  1) knowing when to give up the ball on a fast break to a player who has a better shot and 2) learning how to pass the ball into the post- which I have been delighted to see.

As for tonight, if Chas scored 3 points, but the Dukes won, I'd be happy. 

3/05/2019 9:58 pm  #5

sperlman wrote:

Despite her small size, Chas has continuously improved her overall game beyond scoring, especially in two areas:  1) knowing when to give up the ball on a fast break to a player who has a better shot and 2) learning how to pass the ball into the post- which I have been delighted to see.

As for tonight, if Chas scored 3 points, but the Dukes won, I'd be happy. 

Chas had her three ON THE FIRST POSSESSION!!!!  - The fact that she is an EXCELLENT Free Throw shooter is one reason she's moved this high - it's ALMOST a LOST ART!!!

You'd be happy to know that one of the officials "gave Coach Burt a WARNING - after he protested a NON-Call against Laia - felt she was hacked/mugged with no call (AND DU WAS UP 35 at the time)  Just hope it doesn't carry over (especially with St. Louis next)  officials DO talk among themselves and a little later he was much calmer talking with them (  Just seemed like there was NO Shortage of calls AGAINST DU under the basket)

Board footera