Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 11:05 pm  #1

Seeding Scenarios

5th place - Duquesne beats Dayton; St. Bonaventure beats Saint Louis.

7th place - Dayton beats Duquesne; George Mason beats George Washingron

6th place - everything else

We are the last game of the night. SLU/SBU is at 1:00 and GMU/GW is at 2:00. It is possible that our game means nothing to us (in terms of seeding) by tip-off

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/07/2019 8:09 am  #2

Re: Seeding Scenarios

I would love to get #20 vs Dayton tho.

3/07/2019 10:26 am  #3

If the games play out the way I predict, the bracket actually sets up pretty well for us. I see us having potential matchups with St. Joe's, Davidson, Dayton, and VCU. We beat St. Joe's, and were tied with 2 minutes left against both Davidson and Dayton. VCU looks like a buzzsaw right now, but we played them pretty tight too. More important than how the bracket sets up is how we are playing though. We need to play much better than we have been if we're going to make any kind of run.

3/07/2019 11:07 am  #4

townsonkid wrote:

That was my thoughts when I said (in terms of seeding). I want that win # 20 as it would be practically monumental here.

I think the 6 seed is our best bet, if I had the ability to choose.
The 5 seed has a path that runs through Bonnies and VCU in the semis.
The 7 seed doesn't get to play a team that had to play the day before in the Pillow Fight.
The 6 seed gets a team that plays on 0 day rest and gets Dayton and Davidson on the path to the semis

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/07/2019 11:36 am  #5

yak-rbc wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

That was my thoughts when I said (in terms of seeding). I want that win # 20 as it would be practically monumental here.

I think the 6 seed is our best bet, if I had the ability to choose.
The 5 seed has a path that runs through Bonnies and VCU in the semis.
The 7 seed doesn't get to play a team that had to play the day before in the Pillow Fight.
The 6 seed gets a team that plays on 0 day rest and gets Dayton and Davidson on the path to the semis

yak-rbc, thanks for all of your research and analysis.
I have seen it work both ways with getting a bye and playing a team who already got their playoff jitters out of the way. Since this is still a guard driven league, we have enough depth there with the return of Sincere to possibly tire an opponent out who played the day before.

3/07/2019 10:50 pm  #6

20 just sounds better and even looks better on paper! Agree with you Yak Rbc on chalk and although St Louis and Bonnies games showed that we need to rebound better, for the first time in forever it is not crazy to think that we can win the tournament!

3/08/2019 8:48 am  #7

We also need to be more consistent on offense. I thought it was just Sin being out, but even with him back last game the offense was stagnant for long stretches. If EW hadn't been on fire it would have been an ugly loss. It's like the young team needs to fall behind to know they have no choice but to listen to coach and run the offense. If the focus is there, we can definitely play with anybody in the conference.

Board footera