Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2019 4:02 pm  #1

Discipline

We will be the underdog against Dayton for sure with this depleted front line so I hope we can play with some discipline offensively and work for a good shot, pass when someone has a better open shot and for crum sakes don't be trying any alley oop passes off the backboard like we saw in St. Lou!!  Run some good sets, move the ball quickly and if a long 3 is open fine, but not any hurried wild shots.  Work inside out like KD likes.  Another thing is unless we are up by 20 with 3 min left cut out the barking, shimmies and other theatrics! Just play hard guys and get back on D.  Go Dukes!!!

3/08/2019 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Discipline

Oh, and while I'm at it, since KD asked for my input (LOL), throw is some wrinkle that Dayton may not expect, like more zone if we need to protect MH from foul trouble and maybe put Gavin out at the front as he does move his feet well and he has the height and long arms.  Maybe go completely small and press the hell out of the Flyers with LN, TDM, Wade and SC on the court at the same time with MH or MW in the back.  I don't know, I just think this is a game where you have to concoct something if you are KD.  Too bad we can go four corners on them (dating myself)!!

Board footera