Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2019 9:52 pm  #1

No excuses

Just get to Palumbo tomorrow for the women’s game.   We can win a championship with two more wins.   If you say you are a Duquesne fan, and you don’t go.   Well you really aren’t. 

Great win by the Dukes.   Hats off to everyone and my player of the game was Paige Cannon.  100% effort whenever she plays.  Came off the bench and was huge today.   Certainly don’t mean to leave out Chassidy who played gray as well.

Last edited by A83 (3/08/2019 10:25 pm)

3/08/2019 10:47 pm  #2

Re: No excuses

You're right.  If you're a Duquesne fan you owe it to YOURSELF to go and see these women play.

They're playing at the highest level I've ever seen them play.  The defensive effort is everything you could ask for.  I expect that to continue to tomorrow and then again on Sunday and a trip to the NCAA Tournament to be earned.

At the SBU game I was talking with a friend who also has season tickets to both the men and women.  We agreed that we had thought this year's team would be the best women's team in school history but despite finishing 11-5 in the league and earning the 3rd seed the season had been disappointing.  We had hoped that right now we'd have had an at large bid locked up.

We may not have an at large bid locked up but the way these ladies are playing they are going to have the league championship locked up about 2 o'clock on Sunday.  Come on out and see them do it.  They are playing like they are the best team in school history and they want everyone to know it.

3/09/2019 12:12 am  #3

Fordham is probably thinking - We beat them EASILY on a day when we got Next to Nothing from Cavanaugh -

HOWEVER - when I was watching the double header at the end of the year (ladies beat St. Bonnie - guys beat UMass) was watching it with a knowledgeable hoops fan - I made the remark that it was one of the days when the layups were falling -  HE made the observation that St. Bonnie does not have a real shot blocker -  Sperlman has made the point a few times about being unable to finish fast breaks and trying shots they aren't physically capable of -  Even though St. Louis DOES have a shot blocker - against the Billikens the ladies made some REALLY FINE PASSES IN SOME TIGHT AREAS

- Fordham does NOT have a shot blocker -  Connor at 100% makes them a good deal better -  and for what it is worth -  I know it was "garbage time" but Eniko got like three rebounds in a minute plus!!  And was nice to see Elliott - have NOTHING BUT NET ON THE THREE POINTER SHE TRIED -  The two of them have probably worked really hard as well - and not have too many chances to shine.

Back to Back Game Days -  Winner will have to win a THIRD Straight Day -  Its "a test of their wills as much as their skills"  Hopefully they keep it alive.

BEAT FORDHAM!!!

3/09/2019 3:50 am  #4

Fordham is really disciplined and they have outstanding shooters. This is going to be a tough, tough semi.  That said, the Dukes are playing with belief and energy that is really exciting. Connor’s defense, Libby’s deft execution, Chassidy’s superior skills, Paige’s drive, Kadri’s wall in the middle, Amanda’s efforts, Halle’s will to win, and Juca’s team play have been exceptional. Simply, this is fun basketball. They need our support and I will be there cheering for a team that deserves it for their great turn-around. Go Dukes!

Board footera