Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/17/2018 4:49 pm  #1

Evan Buckley (2019)

Dukes (and Towson) are going to watch this point guard play tonight. 2 star 6'0 out of Stone Bridge in VA.

Per an article (can't post links on mobile), Duquesne, George Mason, and Bucknell are hitting him the hardest on the recruiting trail. Also "likes the Ivy's" so I'm assuming he's a really smart kid?

I'm a little surprised for a few reasons here, but I'm not gonna look too hard at the 2 star rating as we were the only offer on two of the best players in our roster currently

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/10/2019 9:01 am  #2

Re: Evan Buckley (2019)

Evan Buckley was at the game last night to watch the Dukes.  He is a 6'2" hard nose point guard/shooting guard who can really distribute and score.  He has the ability to play for Carry at the point as well as playing with him at the SG position.  If a scholarship opens up this is the type of kid I want.  

https://twitter.com/CoachStitzel/status/1104457012677611521

https://twitter.com/SBHS_Basketball/status/1100256679109771264

https://twitter.com/beltwaybball/status/1087095790126989313

3/10/2019 1:46 pm  #3

I like the way this kid gets off his jumper.  I would really like to see us get him. 

3/10/2019 3:46 pm  #4

Any new guards must, must, must be able to confidently/competently run the show & have outstanding accuracy from deep. With the current roster these traits are more important than awesome length & athleticism.

3/10/2019 7:17 pm  #5

Agreed Phil, no question.

3/10/2019 8:59 pm  #6

Evan looks more like a 2 guard. He looks like he can shoot but I don't see the penetrating quickness and dish off passing a good point guard uses to set up an offense. Of course, drawing legitimate impressions from a short one game highlight video makes my opinion nothing more than a first impression

3/10/2019 9:03 pm  #7

[b][b]Evan looks more like a 2 guard. He looks like he can shoot but I don't see the penetrating quickness and dish off passing a good point guard uses to set up an offense. Of course, drawing legitimate impressions from a short one game highlight video makes my opinion nothing more than a first impression[/b][/b]

3/11/2019 7:38 am  #8

If he has a high basketball IQ, understands game flows, isnt worried about highlight clips, knows when to push on gas and when to apply the brakes, then get him here.  We need someone who can be a coach on the court and not throw 40 ft alley oops or shoot 3s on fast breaks.  

3/11/2019 7:56 am  #9

Here is another video from 2017 that shows some of his ability to drive and dish.  His appearance reminds me of TJ a little. I know Mason is hot after this kid,  Of course we do not have an open scholarship at this time so we will have to wait and see how things play out.

3/18/2019 10:21 am  #10

Duquesne Head Coach Keith Dambrot will be in Ashburn this afternoon to do a in home visit with Stone Bridge 2019 PG Evan Buckley.  One of the top available PG in the country.

https://twitter.com/CoachStitzel/status/1107660926096982017

3/18/2019 1:08 pm  #11

Interesting.  KD might already know the guys who are leaving the program.  Or he might just want to keep in good standing with this kid in case enough leave that a spot opens up.
To add Maceo, Ellis and Swingle(RS), plus this kid would be a pretty solid roster boost next year.

This kid looks like the kind of player that you see on ESPN on a tuesday night championship week game dropping 25 pts in the conference finals. 

I'm sure some here will question his game tho, the Duquesne Debbie Downers.  

3/18/2019 2:16 pm  #12

townsonkid wrote:

Interesting.  KD might already know the guys who are leaving the program.  Or he might just want to keep in good standing with this kid in case enough leave that a spot opens up.
To add Maceo, Ellis and Swingle(RS), plus this kid would be a pretty solid roster boost next year.

This kid looks like the kind of player that you see on ESPN on a tuesday night championship week game dropping 25 pts in the conference finals. 

I'm sure some here will question his game tho, the Duquesne Debbie Downers.  

townsonkid, personally, I place very little stock in these highlight reels. Most of them are offensive highlight reels showcasing scoring talent, sometimes against weak competition. Just go back through this recruiting page and check out some of the videos along with comments on our recruits. They are nice to see, but nothing more than that to me.  The only thing that matters is whether Dambrot and staff think the young man can play at this level, help the program and represent Duquesne well. It looks like they feel that way about Evan Buckley.

3/18/2019 10:21 pm  #13

I didnt even watch the video.  Going off size, description on recruiting sites other offers and that our coach was there to visit him.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/18/2019 10:21 pm)

3/19/2019 7:44 am  #14

TDM dropped 30 @ GMU. He can also penetrate & dish.I prefer more athletic & taller guards who can break down a defense. If I was this kid I would go to Bucknell a great program & location. Keep TDM he clearly can play 1 or 2. Guards are a dime a dozen getting the center aircraft carrier is the program changer. Look at the Bonnie’s & Dayton. Hopelly the USS Ellis docks on the bluff and steps up next season.

Board footera