Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2019 3:29 pm  #1

Duquesne Boardhost 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Contest

Towsonkid asked about this years bracket pool so I figured I would put this up. Was originally going to post closer to Selection Sunday but makes sense to do it now to get as many people registered as possible before the tourney starts. The provided link takes you right to the page for the bracket group.

Click the link and once on the site, click the red button in the middle of the page that reads "Create Bracket Now" to register. One Bracket per Entrant. You can use an existing ESPN account login or create one for free when registering. Good Luck!

http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/group?groupID=2860307

3/11/2019 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne Boardhost 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Contest

Last Years Top 5 Results:

1. Winner and Defending Champ - YAK-RBC 1080 pts Winner: Villanova
2. Rosceaux 1060 pts Winner: Villanova
*3. Ghost of M. Melkenhaus 1020 pts Winner: Villanova
*3. applecorps 1020 pts Winner: Villanova
5. Detroitguy1962 830 pts Winner: Michigan State

3/12/2019 6:48 am  #3

Sounds good 102, I'm in(last place)!  :-)

3/18/2019 11:47 am  #4

Wanted to bump this topic up now that the bracket is released. The play in games are a shoe in to the next round, you don’t have to pick a winner for these, so people have until this Thursday to submit a bracket.

It’s very easy to register (if you aren’t already) and fill out a bracket and then you can go in the site throughout the tourney to see how your bracket stacks up.

Good luck!

3/19/2019 12:16 pm  #5

I accept all challengers

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/21/2019 10:10 am  #6

Last chance hotel, 1 more hour to submit brackets!!!!

3/21/2019 4:46 pm  #7

How many entered?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/21/2019 4:50 pm  #8

A big niner!

3/23/2019 7:07 am  #9

I usually do ok in bracket pools except for my fatal weakness of being overly loyal to A 10 teams. 

I was doing well at work and on this one until VCU and St. Louis played.

Not one team left in either NCAA or NIT.  Dukes should have taken the CBI bid.

It used to be an advantage since they always used to underestimate the A 10.  Hopefully it will again some day.

Last edited by coffee (3/23/2019 7:10 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/23/2019 1:38 pm  #10

Most everyone in the A10 agreed this was a down year, and with a lot of teams bringing back their best players next year, one would hope the A10 does better in March.

3/24/2019 1:49 pm  #11

Duquesne fans know our basketball. 

So far over 70% majority of those in our board hosted group's brackets are above average percentile with the largest grouping above the 80th percentile.

Last edited by coffee (3/24/2019 1:56 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/24/2019 9:02 pm  #12

coffee wrote:

So far over 70% majority of those in our board hosted group's brackets are above average percentile with the largest grouping above the 80th percentile.

Coffee, my guess is that you wouldn't have posted that if you were below the median line.

Yes, that's where I am.  Near the bottom of the DU Boardhost contestants.

3/25/2019 7:32 pm  #13

applecorps wrote:

coffee wrote:

Coffee, my guess is that you wouldn't have posted that if you were below the median line.

Yes, that's where I am.  Near the bottom of the DU Boardhost contestants.

Lol!  You and the rest of us are nowhere near the bottom of all those entered.  At the time, all those on our roster were above the 40th percentile  and you're above the median with most well above that of those total in the ESPN ranks... we have someone now in the top 99th percentile... not me though.

Last edited by coffee (3/26/2019 6:53 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/29/2019 8:19 pm  #14

Home team brackets are doing even better... ALL are either at or well above the median and 1/3 being above the 90th percentile.

If Virginia takes it all, Jack will have one of the VERY best brackets in the nation!  Wouldn’t mind seeing that.  Duke’s had some real squeakers and may not be better right now.  He’s already above over 99% and with everybody else taking Duke, it could be astronomically good if Virginia wins.

Last edited by coffee (3/30/2019 9:44 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

4/01/2019 10:54 am  #15

We have our winner.

No matter what happens Jack will indeed win our grand prize from the group. Coffee will come in second regardless of what happens as well.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/01/2019 12:00 pm  #16

Honored to have secured this prestigious honor!

Coffee, would love to see Virginia win and get an even higher percentile rank nationally. But given I’ve already won all of the pools I’m in, it would just be icing on the cake - it all broke my way this time around

Board footera