Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2019 9:18 am  #26

Re: Bad start, too young, & no depth is all a matter of perspective

I dont think there will be an issue with at least one player leaving the program.  I've been thinking of one in particular for most of the year, and nothing has made me change my mind.

Here is something the team should look at often over the off season....

https://www.wikihow.com/Rebound-in-Basketball

Last edited by townsonkid (3/18/2019 12:04 pm)

3/18/2019 10:22 am  #27

Well we know KD is still recruiting.  See recruiting section.

3/18/2019 12:03 pm  #28

Finding some help at the point is an imperative. We all want Carry to be healthy for 3 more years but the odds are not in his favor. At the moment there is just not another A-10 lead guard on the team. This doesn't bode well for Wade but it is the correct call. 

I don't know about anybody else but I am desperate to see EW, Sin, MHughes, Lamar, Weathers, TDM, Kelly, & Rotroff come back. I also like Frankie & Bizeau but am trying to be realistic. Keeping Austin, Frankie, Lamar, & TDM happy & engaged seems unrealistic

This program will take big steps forward with roster continuity. There has to be some payoff for this year's youth movement & big batch of transfers.

3/18/2019 2:25 pm  #29

09dukes wrote:

Hey sorry for being ignorant on this one but did we get invited to the Battle for Atlantis?  I saw the reference to the Bahamas tournament.

We'd go there and come back like the ladies team after going down to Texas this past season. 
No thanks. 
The tournament takes place at Atlantis Resort and will feature a premiere field, which includes Iowa State, North Carolina, Oregon, Michigan, Gonzaga, Seton Hall, Alabama and Southern Mississippi.​ 

Now, the Bahamas tourn hasnt announced any teams yet.  That looks more our speed tho judging by past winners.
Nike is a tourn partner, maybe we can get on the good foot thru them, and get down there, would be a nice trip come end of November.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/18/2019 2:30 pm)

3/19/2019 12:43 pm  #30

09dukes wrote:

Hey sorry for being ignorant on this one but did we get invited to the Battle for Atlantis?  I saw the reference to the Bahamas tournament.

Different one, as alluded to in the post above. The Bahamas Showcase is the one Harper suggested is a done deal. There's a thread about it in here called "2019: Dukes to play in the Bahamas" (can't copy /paste links easily on phone).

2018 was by Kenpom:
Georgia Southern (102)
Montana (137, NCAA)
Miami (149)
Pepperdine (153)
FAU (159)
NDSU (199, NCAA)
Towson (288)
Incarnate Word (345)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/19/2019 2:26 pm  #31

yak-rbc wrote:

09dukes wrote:

Different one, as alluded to in the post above. The Bahamas Showcase is the one Harper suggested is a done deal. There's a thread about it in here called "2019: Dukes to play in the Bahamas" (can't copy /paste links easily on phone).

2018 was by Kenpom:
Georgia Southern (102)
Montana (137, NCAA)
Miami (149)
Pepperdine (153)
FAU (159)
NDSU (199, NCAA)
Towson (288)
Incarnate Word (345)

With that group of schools, you better reach the title game if you plan on really making any noise next year. Bunch of quad 3 games. They really won't help you, but losses will kill you.

Board footera