Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2013 11:13 am  #1

Non Conference Schedule Released

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062613aaf.html

Pretty strange away game scheduling???

Last edited by CLK (6/26/2013 11:18 am)

6/26/2013 11:47 am  #2

Re: Non Conference Schedule Released

CLK wrote:

Games we can win. The league wants teams to have good records in the OOC. The road games keep the SOS from being an absolute abomination.

6/26/2013 12:00 pm  #3

I keep checking the calendar but it's not April 1.

6/26/2013 12:57 pm  #4

thats about as easy as it cant get.  Pitt or WVU might be the only games considered really tough.
We will know quickly if the team is better this season.

6/26/2013 1:28 pm  #5

7 of the first 8 played in  Pittsburgh and 4 of the last 5 on the road. Probably good so we can get some chemistry going before hitting the road. I know the road games might look a little easy but I'm expecting all 5 to be challenging. They always are.

6/26/2013 1:32 pm  #6

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Games we can win. The league wants teams to have good records in the OOC. The road games keep the SOS from being an absolute abomination.

Don't mean to sound negative here, but IMHO it is yet to be determined if they are games we can win.  We should be better next season, but with a young inexperienced team playing the last four of five NC games on the road it could prove to be an abomination. Texas Pan Am & NJIT will not be easy games on the road.  I don't know a lot about them, but both teams had 16 wins last year.  NJIT is actually played after conference played starts.  St Francis & UMass hopefully not so much but still on the road. Just seems like a strange OC schedule to me. 

6/26/2013 1:45 pm  #7

home, road or on the moon, if we cant beat Texas Pan Am....=14pxTEXAS PAN AM!!!!!  then screw it, close up shop, and move to D2 or something, freakin NAIA.  

6/26/2013 2:45 pm  #8

That's what's scary about the schedule, Towson Kid. That, and it won't really do anything to prepare the team for St. Louis, VMU, and the rest of the A-10 schedule. Would also mean that losses to Pitt, Bobby Mo and WVU would be magnified - "They can only beat cupcakes."

I know there's a bunch of different ways to debate this topic. I'd rather play a bunch of tough opponents than this many would-be cupcakes. While we want a young (and new) team to gain confidence, not winning some of these games will have the opposite effect.

Plus ... it's going to be hard to sell some of those home games to students, alumni, and the dozen or so basketball fans in Pittsburgh.

6/26/2013 4:33 pm  #9

townsonkid wrote:

home, road or on the moon, if we cant beat Texas Pan Am....=14pxTEXAS PAN AM!!!!!  then screw it, close up shop, and move to D2 or something, freakin NAIA.  

Easy dude you are going to bust a gut. 

6/26/2013 4:46 pm  #10

Anybody think the appearance of some Texas teams on the pre-conference has anything to do with Ferry's past history of strong recruiting in Texas?

6/29/2013 10:00 am  #11

Hmmm, Texas Pan Am is only about 350 miles from me. It's during Christmas break!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera