Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2012 11:38 am  #1

12/04/2012 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Is this the year DU gets an NCAA bid?

From what I have seen the Dukes hopes will be pinned on the continued improvement at the point guard positions with April Robinson and Oditte Odisho working through their first year at this level.  There will be ups and downs for them; but it's important for the general trend to be upward for this position.  I attended two early season games and was a bit concerned about the number of unforced turnovers; and in general some very unfocused offensive play.  That will need to be cleaned up for this team to compete against the upper level of the A-10.  Shooting has been below par so far this season, and from the games that I saw; it could be attributed to shot selection.  Although they missed some open looks at the three, I felt that in general the team settled for some pretty tough shots.  They will need to get higher percentage shots. 

This team must create offense from its defense, and from what I have seen they have the defensive scheme and intensity to get that done; very impressive trapping defense!  Like the men's team the women are not blessed with great size; so team rebounding will be a necessity all season.  They will also need to prevent some of the better opponents "bigs" from receiving the ball deep in the post, because the size isn't present to defend when the ball gets too deep.  J. Floyd is playing like a senior, very smart player, who does so much for this team; she does all the little things that add up to wins. 

Its great to see this team in the mix for a tournament bid every season.  I hope this is the year it works out!

12/04/2012 7:17 pm  #3

Re: Is this the year DU gets an NCAA bid?

Not a lot of margin for error with this team. They can't afford to lose many games.

Board footera