Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2014 10:34 pm  #1

Castro scores 56

Rene Castro scores 56 in a losing effort tonight. Mason scores 21 for the winners.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=538&tid=202606142&mid=202606142&sid=996&style=2

7/24/2014 4:47 am  #2

Re: Castro scores 56

He would have broken Ron Guziak's record if it had been a Duquesne game. It's impressive, but CONTRIBUTING 21 and getting a win is what really counts. May he have a successful career on The Bluff, and may that success be measured by consecutive trips to the NCAA Tournament!

7/25/2014 12:56 pm  #3

Just a few thoughts to leave with you folks now that the summer session  is over.  My wife " Hoops Girl" and I were leaving Montour High Wednesday and had occasion to be in the company of about eight or so of the Dukes team who either played or showed up for the PBL final.  To a man they think they are bigger, faster,stronger and more intelligent.  They have such optimism and believe in themselves.  Of special note is that they think they can play with the big boys-Pitt and the bigger teams in the A-10- because for the first time in a long time they think they will and can match up physically with them. They will be off til school starts-no practices or weight training schedule to follow.  As we parted ways one of the guys said "Bring your friends to the games. They won't be disappointed."

Last edited by grammudder (7/25/2014 12:58 pm)

7/25/2014 4:21 pm  #4

There's a picture on Twitter of the team showing off its conditioning/weight training. They do look impressive, but it reminds me of the NFL combine: Let's see what happens on the court. That aside, at least we finally have a strength & conditioning coach who can put body mass on players. All the years of 6-8, 6-9 guys who showed up weighing 130 pounds and graduated weighing 125 (and that was after hot dog eating contests) may finally be behind us.

Again, let's hope it can be put to meaningful use.

Board footera