Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2014 4:10 pm  #1

Dukes A-10 Conference Schedule

Jan. 3 Sat. at Dayton* NBCSN Dayton, Ohio 1:00 pm
Jan. 7 Wed. SAINT JOSEPH’S* A.J. Palumbo Center
Jan. 10 Sat. RHODE ISLAND* A.J. Palumbo Center 
Jan. 14 Wed. at Saint Louis* St. Louis, Mo. 
Jan. 17 Sat. VCU* CBSSN CONSOL Energy Center 
Jan. 22 Thurs. ST. BONAVENTURE* CI A.J. Palumbo Center 7:00 pm
Jan. 24 Sat. at George Washington* Washington, D.C. 
Jan. 28 Wed. at Richmond* Richmond, Va. 
Jan. 31 Sat. GEORGE MASON* A.J. Palumbo Center 7:00 pm
Feb. 7 Sat. at Davidson* A10N Davidson, N.C.
Feb. 11 Wed. GEORGE WASHINGTON* A10N A.J. Palumbo Center 7:00 pm
Feb. 14 Sat. at Massachusetts* Amherst, Mass. 
Feb. 18 Wed. at La Salle* Philadelphia, Pa. 
Feb. 21 Sat. DAYTON* NBCSN CONSOL Energy Center 2:00 pm
Feb. 25 Wed. SAINT LOUIS* CI A.J. Palumbo Center 7:00 pm
Feb. 28 Sat. at St. Bonaventure* Olean, N.Y. 
Mar. 4 Wed. at Fordham* Bronx, N.Y. 
Mar. 7 Sat. DAVIDSON* A.J. Palumbo Center 7:00 pm

TV KEY: CBSSN (CBS Sports Network); NBCSN (NBC Sports Network); CI (CampusInsiders.com); A10N (SNY+TBD affi liates)

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082714aab.html

8/27/2014 4:26 pm  #2

Re: Dukes A-10 Conference Schedule

I wonder if DU will still have the free video stream of the games again this year?

8/27/2014 5:04 pm  #3

Tough schedule. We'll find out early what the Dukes have. If we can weather the early storm, the schedule looks managable down the stretch.

8/28/2014 11:25 am  #4

duq81 wrote:

Tough schedule. We'll find out early what the Dukes have. If we can weather the early storm, the schedule looks managable down the stretch.

I agree.  I hope I am wrong, but I honestly do not see more than 5 to 6 League wins, coupled with 8 OOC wins = 13 or 14 total wins and another losing season.  I do not see how we get to 18 or 19 wins as you and others have suggested.

8/28/2014 12:18 pm  #5

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I agree.  I hope I am wrong, but I honestly do not see more than 5 to 6 League wins, coupled with 8 OOC wins = 13 or 14 total wins and another losing season.  I do not see how we get to 18 or 19 wins as you and others have suggested.

The key is to defend your home court, as it usually is. You just can't lose more than a couple of home games, and still have a successful season.
What's different this year is that the gap between the top and bottom of the league has narrowed. Outside of VCU, there is not a team in this league that we shouldn't have a strong chance to beat at home. Conversely, there are no longer any cupcakes either. Every road game is a potential loss for most of the league.

8/28/2014 1:30 pm  #6

A-10 cupcakes are Fordham, St. Bonaventure, and La Salle.

8/28/2014 4:01 pm  #7

Bilgy wrote:

A-10 cupcakes are Fordham, St. Bonaventure, and La Salle.

LaSalle? You mean the team that was in the Sweet 16 17 months ago? Bona? You mean a team that has been to the NCAA's this decade? Even Fordham is expected to be decent this year. The point is, none of those teams are a train wreck, the way they, plus the Dukes were a decade ago.

Board footera