Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2014 9:14 pm  #1

Anyone attend the Season Ticket Holder Preview?

Thought I would see some postings from the Season Ticket Holder Preview held last Saturday...

Anyone attend?  I was unfortunately unable to...

Thanks.

10/21/2014 7:00 am  #2

Re: Anyone attend the Season Ticket Holder Preview?

I did and I liked what I saw a lot at this stage.  Better analysis than I can give on the other board but overall we looked bigger and stronger and deeper than I've seen in a long, long time. 

Mason looked like he had already played a few games.  The new guys looked good - the ones I noticed, James and Stevens, both had some nice 3 point shots.  Stevens really hustles.  I liked what I saw from Darius too - just like last year he is an unfinished player but he really is serious about his play and pushes himself.  Robinson looked good inside, forcing his way in for rebounds and shots.

Of course, it was a scrimmage and Ferry was appropriately unexcited about what he saw with only a few comments - noted that defense needs a lot of work and that they are only 10 practices in (also like his plug for the football team asking those in attendance to stay for the game - like to see that he has a bigger picture perspective on the school).  Other more learned basketball junkies will have much more to say but I thought I'd provide at least something to answer your question.

Last edited by Mulder (10/21/2014 7:01 am)

10/21/2014 7:19 am  #3

Thanks, Mulder.  Much appreciated.
How large was the crowd?

10/22/2014 6:55 am  #4

DUMgr wrote:

Thanks, Mulder.  Much appreciated.
How large was the crowd?

I'm as bad at estimating numbers as I am at analyzing basketball.  I would say maybe around 100-150.

Last edited by Mulder (10/23/2014 12:03 pm)

10/22/2014 12:25 pm  #5

I saw the pictures of the painted bleachers on the Yuku board.  It looks nice.   

I wish they would hang individual banners from the rafters for the NCAA and NIT appearances for mens bb, womens bb and now volleyball instead of just those summary banners (all the years on one banner).   It would give the place a little more atmosphere. 

Board footera