Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2015 12:13 pm  #26

Re: Duquesne men's hoops coach Ferry gets contract extension

Mulder, it's somewhat ironic that the background photo is from Everhart's time here. The dead give-away is TJ.

7/07/2015 12:15 pm  #27

I just received my on-line alumni letter. A Response back to them about the ridiculous move of extending Ferry's contract is something I and others may do.  Please feel free to join in!!!

7/07/2015 2:39 pm  #28

ElDuque wrote:

Mulder, it's somewhat ironic that the background photo is from Everhart's time here. The dead give-away is TJ.

And even more so that it is a great shot of the Oakland Zoo student section and Jamie Dixon at the Consol game.  You just can't make this stuff up.

7/08/2015 7:50 am  #29

ElDuque wrote:

Yeah I didn't understand that either.  But I guess there's not much to understand at Duquesne anymore.

Last edited by Mulder (7/08/2015 7:55 am)

7/08/2015 8:28 am  #30

I don't think Ferry gets good advice on the social media & PR side. Then again, the now-departed guy who hired him is the Brown Sheet King. 

7/08/2015 11:01 am  #31

I am trying very hard to see a positive of renewing his contract.  So here goes...if Ferry was slick enough to talk the President into extending his contract after never having a winning season here, maybe he can be good enough to talk some really good, and I mean REALLY good basketball players into coming to Duquesne.

7/09/2015 9:24 am  #32

ElDuque wrote:

I don't think Ferry gets good advice on the social media & PR side. Then again, the now-departed guy who hired him is the Brown Sheet King. 

All this and everything else I hear and I'm beginning to join you on the dark side Darth Duque.

7/09/2015 10:56 am  #33

It's bright & sunny where I am, Mulder. I'm on the outside looking in. Apologies if anything I write comes across as negative, or "down," or anything like that. The best way to describe my current state of mind vis-a-vis Duquesne basketball is "ambivalent." But some of the stuff I see and hear really perplexes me. Sort of like my feelings about some Hollywood train wreck. I don't care, but if something hits the public radar screen you can't ignore it. I'll probably visit campus when I come to Pittsburgh in September, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Steelers and the city more than I am Old Main.

7/09/2015 1:52 pm  #34

ElDuque wrote:

It's bright & sunny where I am, Mulder. I'm on the outside looking in. Apologies if anything I write comes across as negative, or "down," or anything like that. The best way to describe my current state of mind vis-a-vis Duquesne basketball is "ambivalent." But some of the stuff I see and hear really perplexes me. Sort of like my feelings about some Hollywood train wreck. I don't care, but if something hits the public radar screen you can't ignore it. I'll probably visit campus when I come to Pittsburgh in September, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Steelers and the city more than I am Old Main.

I don't know - I was in NJ in May and it was pretty dark and cold.  But perhaps using "Darth" was over the line.  However, I've seen your photo in some iteration somewhere and you certainly don't look like Luke (notice that you never see my photo anywhere - I look like a combination of Robert Redford in his prime and Channing Tatum).  And I, too, am becoming more and more perplexed about all this. 

Hope your trip here is a safe one.

7/09/2015 4:20 pm  #35

This is my latest Facebook photo. No, I don't look like Luke. Maybe Mamaluke.

Board footera