Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2015 12:55 pm  #1

AD Search

File this in the rumor category.  From what I gather DU is not having good luck attracting existing D1  ADs to apply. As of last week only 1 D1 AD applied.  Not surprising if this is correct, as who would want to leave (unless being forced out) not knowing who they will work for.  This Assumes of course that DU is not trying to hire on the cheap, and offering a competitive salary.

My 2 cents is that this hire is too important to rush and get the wrong guy.  Unless the absolutely right guy has applied, wouldn't be better to keep an interim AD in  place untin a new President is hired and retry?  I just do not have a good feeling about what is going on at DU.

7/17/2015 12:16 am  #2

Re: AD Search

CLK wrote:

File this in the rumor category.  From what I gather DU is not having good luck attracting existing D1  ADs to apply. As of last week only 1 D1 AD applied.  Not surprising if this is correct, as who would want to leave (unless being forced out) not knowing who they will work for.  This Assumes of course that DU is not trying to hire on the cheap, and offering a competitive salary.

My 2 cents is that this hire is too important to rush and get the wrong guy.  Unless the absolutely right guy has applied, wouldn't be better to keep an interim AD in  place untin a new President is hired and retry?  I just do not have a good feeling about what is going on at DU.

I understand that one of the front runners for Duquesne's AD position is an assistant AD from Dayton.  I find it interesting that an assistant AD from Dayton is applying for the job at Duquesne when there will be a vacancy at Dayton since the current AD, Tim Wabler, recently announced his retirement.   A search committee has been appointed to fill the vacancy: 
http://www.daytonflyers.com/news/2015/7/14/GEN_0714154009.aspx

Last edited by godukes1970 (7/17/2015 8:57 am)

7/17/2015 5:33 am  #3

godukes1970 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I understand that one of the front runners for Duquesne's AD position is an assistant AD from Dayton.  I find it interesting that an assistant AD from Dayton is applying for the job at Duquesne when there will be a vacany at Dayton since the current AD, Tim Wabler, recently announced his retirement.   A search committee has been appointed to fill the vacancy: 

George Santayana would love this. The last failed AD here was an assistant at Xavier.

7/17/2015 6:54 am  #4

CLK wrote:

Tell me what D-1 AD would want this job. He doesn't get a say in the basketball coach because Ferry is signed to a 21-year deal. The president obviously sees himself as a part-time AD and could extend more contracts before he leaves. Renovations have already been made to the facility. Hardly anyone cares about the other sports. So what exactly are you the AD of at Duquesne?

7/17/2015 8:12 am  #5

godukes1970 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I understand that one of the front runners for Duquesne's AD position is an assistant AD from Dayton.  I find it interesting that an assistant AD from Dayton is applying for the job at Duquesne when there will be a vacany at Dayton since the current AD, Tim Wabler, recently announced his retirement.   A search committee has been appointed to fill the vacancy: 

That is very telling, and speaks volumes about the pool of candidates.  He is probably not qualified for the Dayton job, which of course makes him the perfect candidate for Duquesne.  Again, my point, why rush into a bad decision? 

Board footera