Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2015 2:11 pm  #1

Palumbo Center

I don't know if you guys noticed this, but did you see what is planned for the lower bowl of Palumbo?

http://www.goduquesne.com/facilities/duqu-facil-palumbo.html

Check out the bottom:

2006 • Addition of new men's and women's basketball and administrative offices, recruiting suite, strength training and athletic training areas.

2010 • Chair back seats added to the north side of the building, center-hung scoreboard and auxiliary scoreboards installed. Seating capacity changes from 5,358 to 4,406.
2011 • Schaming Athletic Center dedicated (includes new locker rooms for men's and women's basketball and volleyball). New goals and portable playing floor installed.
2013 • Renovation and resurfacing of practice gym.
2014 • James Christopher Rocco Basketball Theater dedicated.
2015 • Graphic packages added to Gate B. Painting done in arena bowl. LED display scorers' table added.
2016 • Chair back seating added to the lower bowl in each end zone changes capacity to the current 4,390.

It looks like our seating capacity is going to drop a little bit, but I definitely think it is worth it to make the games more watchable via chair back seats.  Again, I think all games should be at Palumbo in conference and that non conference Power Five games should be at Consol.  I know some people will complain that students should be standing anyways, but hopefully competing for an actual chair back seat will increase the Red and Blue Crew attendance.     

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/05/2015 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Palumbo Center

Simms - when I attended the scrimmage a few days ago, the chairbacks were installed in the lower end zone on both sides.  Only place there are bleacher type seats are the upper end zones.

11/05/2015 4:18 pm  #3

Is the James Christopher Rocco Basketball Theater a viewing area for game films or something?

Who is James Christopher Rocco?

11/05/2015 5:43 pm  #4

ElDuque wrote:

Is the James Christopher Rocco Basketball Theater a viewing area for game films or something?

Who is James Christopher Rocco?

ElDuque, he was a student at Duquesne in the early 2000's; loved Duquesne basketball.  Parents thought that this film room was a fitting memorial
http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020714aai.html

Board footera