Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2015 9:17 pm  #1

Howard

Woman won easily over 0-5 Hiward.  A10 rookie of the week Kadri Lass had a big game.   First time I have seen here live.  Good player.

Conor Richardson took a nasty spill in the first half twisting a knee.  Relieved she came back in.

Coach Burt used his whole bench.   ED I watched. Coach Burt does delegate offense and defense to assistants and focuses on the players.

11/24/2015 9:44 pm  #2

Re: Howard

Fun game tonight. Very impressed with the freshmen Lass, Omogrosso, & Richardson. 

During his postgame press conference, Burt will often refer to his assistants as his offensive & defensive coordinators. BTW, if you've never seen any of 'em, I highly recommend catching Burt's press conference on the web site after each game.  Very informative & refreshingly honest - no coachspeak or double talk or stupid excuses.  I hope he coaches here forever.

11/24/2015 9:47 pm  #3

My first game announcing for the women.  Had some fun tonight! I agree when Conor Richardson went down I thought for sure that was a season ending injury.  It actually threw me off when she came back in the game as I thought I had to be announcing the wrong player.  

Very pleasant surprise to see her back in there.  

11/24/2015 10:14 pm  #4

Don't know if she hits knees with a Howard player when she was running up court but she was in obvious pain.

11/24/2015 11:02 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

Don't know if she hits knees with a Howard player when she was running up court but she was in obvious pain.

It honestly looked like she just went down without contact.  She crumpled awkwardly and started crying in pain.  99 times out of 100 that's a serious knee injury and tonight was that one time.....

11/24/2015 11:21 pm  #6

Both the players and Dan Burt press conferences did not have video tonight.

My overall takeaway:

This team still has a lot to work on.

Threes are supposed to be a point of strength this season, but once again it was a tale of two halves.

Howard getting to nine points before the half was absolutely ridiculous. They were chucking up a lot of threes at weird angles and Duquesne was beaten to the boards way too many times.

Kadri-Ann Lass could be a real gem. She has the potential to do so and on her birthday put forth a great performance. Everything she touched today turned into gold. Showed a lot of heart in post defense too. 

April Robinson nearly had a triple-double, but she would likely tell you it was an off game. Pretty passing on her end though.

Chassidy Omogrosso still has some growth to her game she needs to work on, but showed promise tonight. Very encouraged, though Deva'Nyar Workman returns next game from her foot injury and this will bring a huge minutes conflict with it. My guess it Workman gets more run so Omogrosso can continue to learn and develop, but what do I know?

Amadea Szamosi did what she needed to do but was underwhelming.

There is game speed and then what Conor Richardson brings. Quickness, does a good job leading a break and she can jump out of a gym.

Also it was previously reported that Angela Staffileno will redshirt, but this is not the case due to post depth, especially after Paige Cannon was injured. She is out indefinitely.

Overall, there was some positive, but for a team with high standards, this is definitely not anywhere close to their best once things are figured out.

11/26/2015 5:32 am  #7

I thought Chassidy might struggle at the beginning due to her size, on television she looked somewhat smaller then the listed 5'6 - and it seems like EVERYONE is almost at least 6' - DREAM SCENARIO - Lady Dukes vs Pitt - game on the line - Chassidy throws a head fake - the JUCO lady transfer (with the nickname Bubles)  from Pitt who is 6'11" LEAVES HER FEET TO TRY TO BLOCK THE SHOT - collides with Chassidy (who originally committed to Pitt) and Chassidy makes the GAME WINNING OLD FASHIONED THREE POINT PLAY!! Am somewhat surprised at the numbers she's putting up am looking forward to attending more games this year than I have in the past -

11/26/2015 11:43 am  #8

SkepticAl wrote:

I thought Chassidy might struggle at the beginning due to her size, on television she looked somewhat smaller then the listed 5'6 - and it seems like EVERYONE is almost at least 6' - DREAM SCENARIO - Lady Dukes vs Pitt - game on the line - Chassidy throws a head fake - the JUCO lady transfer (with the nickname Bubles)  from Pitt who is 6'11" LEAVES HER FEET TO TRY TO BLOCK THE SHOT - collides with Chassidy (who originally committed to Pitt) and Chassidy makes the GAME WINNING OLD FASHIONED THREE POINT PLAY!! Am somewhat surprised at the numbers she's putting up am looking forward to attending more games this year than I have in the past -

I can recall reading an interview with Chassidy in one of our local newspapers where she said that she is nowhere near 5' 6" but is around 5' 4".   Mike White of the Pgh, P-G wrote an article about Chassidy Omagrosso and Cassidy Welsh of Seton-LaSalle HS when they were both high school sophomores in which he said the were probably the best point guards in the WPIAL and perhaps the state at that time.  College comparison of the players:

G    Avg. Pts.  FG%   3Pt%  Avg. Rebs.  Avg. Assists  Steals  TO    Mins./G

Omogrosso          4      13.8       .438     .414         2.8                2.3              6        7        28.8

Welsh                   3       1.3        .286     .000         0.7               1.3               2       6        13.0

6' 11" Bubbles Anderson is not a junior college player transfer.  She last played at Rutgers Prep.  She has suffered injuries throughout her time on Pitt's roster, rendering her playing time to next to nothing.  She has not played for Pitt this season, and I believe that injuries will continue to keep her out of the line-up for the entire season.   

Board footera