Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2015 4:38 pm  #1

Eric James

13 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists in 29 min v. RMU. 

He continues to develop. Very excited to see his progression for two more seasons.

Also was by far and away our best defender.

Last edited by WEB (12/19/2015 4:38 pm)

12/19/2015 5:07 pm  #2

Re: Eric James

WEB wrote:

He continues to develop. Very excited to see his progression for two more seasons.

Good points, Eric is the future of this team. He can steal the ball, has great court vision, is fast and on the move, is as fast as a point guard. can shoot the 3, but has great instincts in the paint. This kid can play big time ball inside-out. That a rare find. 

12/19/2015 5:59 pm  #3

NapaDuke wrote:

WEB wrote:

Good points, Eric is the future of this team. He can steal the ball, has great court vision, is fast and on the move, is as fast as a point guard. can shoot the 3, but has great instincts in the paint. This kid can play big time ball inside-out. That a rare find. Then, we have hit the" Next Level".

Remember, no one on this team was picked pre-season anything A-10. Ferry needs to play Eric James and Lewis and center the game around them to be anything next year. We have two perimeter shooters that have score 1000 points in total losing seasons in those years,,, very deceiving that they are the strength of this team?? Want to win going down the wire??? Go inside with Lewis and James, then finish on the outside with the 3's that the inside game gives you late in the game. Then next year you have 2 pre-season A-10  players , James and Lewis.

Last edited by NapaDuke (12/22/2015 11:29 pm)

12/19/2015 9:05 pm  #4

SORRY but Lewis is a ROLE player at best -  Expect more from Powell, and Gill in the front court - possibly Sanders with a year under his belt as well.

12/20/2015 3:26 pm  #5

Yes I do not understand why people are saying we need to feature him more. He missed a wide open dunk yesterday. He's 6'11. I think he can play a role...but thats about it.

Roll Dukes Roll

12/20/2015 10:44 pm  #6

SkepticAl wrote:

SORRY but Lewis is a ROLE player at best -  Expect more from Powell, and Gill in the front court - possibly Sanders with a year under his belt as well.

Sorry, but real centers are rare. If the coaches didn't see it that way, why is he starting?  6'11" and can move,  block the center of the paint, and make the opponent work around him?  The only reason he only played 19 minutes was foul trouble, not that Powell, Gill, or Sanders  was a better choice. The real question, why is Micah and Coulter playing 39 minutes?  Both thru up bricks all game. It's not like Castro did any good riding the bench all game? Was He injured or something? 

12/20/2015 11:03 pm  #7

NapaDuke wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

Sorry, but real centers are rare. If the coaches didn't see it that way, why is he starting?  6'11" and can move,  block the center of the paint, and make the opponent work around him?  The only reason he only played 19 minutes was foul trouble, not that Powell, Gill, or Sanders  was a better choice. The real question, why is Micah and Coulter playing 39 minutes?  Both thru up bricks all game. It's not like Castro did any good riding the bench all game? Was He injured or something? 

Apparently you haven't seen Castro's dismal performances. I hope this kid can get it together, but so far he has been awful, a slow-mo turnover machine. Ferry couldn't possibly have put him in against RMU on the basis of what Castro has shown in game situations.

12/21/2015 12:19 am  #8

applecorps wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

Apparently you haven't seen Castro's dismal performances. I hope this kid can get it together, but so far he has been awful, a slow-mo turnover machine. Ferry couldn't possibly have put him in against RMU on the basis of what Castro has shown in game situations.

Yea, I've seen it, but playing 2 or three minutes here or there isn't enough to get into the flow, but maybe in practice the coaches don't  see much either?  This kid came from Butler and sat out a season, practice with the team one whole year, and didn't come into this season playing quality minutes?  Go figure?  

12/21/2015 2:28 am  #9

Are you on drugs? You seriously want to feature castro and lewis more?! They are the weakest players on the team!

Roll Dukes Roll

12/21/2015 7:22 am  #10

Tarin Smith also is a big piece to the program moving forward.  ElDuque even said he talked to someone who said what kind of player this kid can be. 

12/21/2015 11:39 am  #11

I like Eric James but somebody has the opinion he can shoot threes.His outside shooting needs lots
of work, he has a hitch on his shot,that needs to go.I cant believe Ferry hasnt changed his mechanics
because no one could ever be a good shooter with that release. I  just shake my head  watching that.
     The biggest complaint of mine is LG Gill taking threes,his shot is  too flat  and with a muscular body
he needs to be post down low instead of standing around 20 feet  from the basket.

12/21/2015 12:02 pm  #12

Speaking of hitches in shooting, can you say Jarrett Durham or B.B. Flenory?  It ain't his shot that the coaches have emphasized.  It is taking the ball to the hole.  At least that is what Eric said in the post game interview after the RMU game when talking to Jarrett Durham.  

Board footera