Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2015 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Dukes are ready to Pound the Panthers at the Pete

Impressive so far.

12/30/2015 4:08 pm  #3

Great win!!!!  I loved that Dan Burt said SMS has nothing to do with this teams current success.  Never a truer statement spoken.

12/30/2015 4:20 pm  #4

Man this feels good.  Wish the men could pull this off too.  

12/30/2015 4:59 pm  #5

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Man this feels good.  Wish the men could pull this off too.  

Well, right now the women are a step ahead of where the men are as a program, and the Pitt women are 2 steps behind where the Pitt men are, so it's not quite an even comparison.
The women have clearly taken a step forward this year. We're in such a good position that we could actually afford a stumble, and still reach the NCAAs. It will help if St. John's, Pitt, and the other good teams we've beaten, have nice seasons, and finish with good rpis, to make our wins more impressive.

12/30/2015 5:22 pm  #6

I loved that took that ring ceremony and stuffed it in SMS's face. Seriously, who at Pitt thought that was the time to do that?

12/31/2015 8:58 am  #7

12/31/2015 11:51 am  #8

duqkurt wrote:

I loved that took that ring ceremony and stuffed it in SMS's face. Seriously, who at Pitt thought that was the time to do that?

I loved that, too.  I'm glad I missed the ceremony.  We arrived just in time for the National Anthem.

I watched Susie's postgame press conference on Pitt's web site.  FWIW, she said that the rings had just arrived in the mail from the ACC that week & she didn't want to hold the ceremony before an ACC game.  Why that ceremony can't be held before an ACC game, I don't know, but that's her explanation.

12/31/2015 2:08 pm  #9

I thought that Coach Dan is very forthright in his post-season comments about the Dukes' performance by praising his players for outstanding play as well as acknowledging weaknesses or poor play.  Barring any serious injuries, I think this team is determined to be keep its winning streak alive and is on its way to post season NCAA tournament play.

I thought it was very classy of Dan to praise reporter Karen Price for covering high school girls and college women's basketball.  Does anyone know the reason that she will no longer be covering women's college basketball?  Here's Karen's last article on women's college basketball: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/9656867-74/duquesne-pitt-0-0#axzz3vwZCapxu 

This morning's Sagarin ratings ranks the Dukes at #40 and Dayton, who was spanked by Green Bay last night, at #32.  Using Sagarin's Predictor scores the Dukes are 2 1/2 pts. underdogs to Dayton.  Sagarin's Recent scores favors the Dukes by 6 1/2 points.  This morning's NCAA-issued RPI places the Dukes at #27 and Dayton at #16.     

Last edited by godukes1970 (12/31/2015 6:26 pm)

12/31/2015 4:38 pm  #10

Officer Dribble wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I loved that, too.  I'm glad I missed the ceremony.  We arrived just in time for the National Anthem.

I watched Susie's postgame press conference on Pitt's web site.  FWIW, she said that the rings had just arrived in the mail from the ACC that week & she didn't want to hold the ceremony before an ACC game.  Why that ceremony can't be held before an ACC game, I don't know, but that's her explanation.

Watch Burt's reaction when asked about the rings.  That was gamesmanship on SMS's part that blew up in her face.  You are having a ring ceremony when 3 of your biggest contributors from last year could attend?  It couldn't be done before an ACC game?

Burt is making fun of the ring ceremony on Twitter.  He knows bullsh*t when he sees it.  So did the media, that is why they questioned her and him about it.

Her answer was weak attempt at not looking more foolish.

Last edited by duqkurt (12/31/2015 4:39 pm)

Board footera