Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2016 9:03 am  #1

Dayton

The game is televised on NBCSN or you could watch a live stream

1/02/2016 9:12 am  #2

Re: Dayton

This is where we separate the contenders from the pretenders.  The Dukes played well so far, but their non-conference schedule was one of the weakest in the country ranked 322.  It is now time to prove they have turned the corner in the A10.  The 10-3 start means nothing if they finish at the bottom of the A10.  Time to step up and start kicking hind tail.   Go Dukes!

1/02/2016 9:43 am  #3

From Craig Meyer at the PG

Duquesne has gone from losing big to losing close the past few seasons. In the A-10, can it start to win close?
http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/college/dukes-dispatches/45783-can-duquesne-go-from-losing-close-to-winning-close

1/02/2016 10:00 am  #4

“No matter what happens in the first five games of conference play, we're still a really good team,” Duquesne coach Jim Ferry said. “I think that's what you have to keep focus on.”
 http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/9697140-74/dayton-dukes-duquesne#ixzz3w6CSbmF9 

Now this statement by Ferry is what put him in a negative light with me since he got here!  He can't "WISH" being good. His first year was a pass, though some coaches would have done better.  After that he was Teflon man, never taking responsibility, and blaming his players too much - the players HE RECRUITED - for the losses - never taking responsibility for not focusing on defense.  There is no doubt the team is better - his OOC schedule proves it.  These are facts.  By the same token, his comment above isn't factual.  I hope he doesn't go into the Walter Mitty stage.  To say that no matter what happens in the first five games, they are still a Really good team is HOGWASH, B.S., and him being a legend in his own mind!  Again, for those of you who want to bash me for trying to focus on facts, enjoy yourself.  I will give credit where it is due and I have absolutely loved this OOC schedule and the games.  He has done a nice job and so have the players.  But the team won't be evaluated on an OOC schedule.  They play in a conference!!
Jimmy, don't start making things up.  If you lose every one one of these five games, and if you lose big in a number of them...You will NOT be a very good team.  After meeting the AD a few weeks ago, I would be surprised if he agrees with Ferry's statement.  I can imagine Miller from Dayton saying, "Well, we lost our first 5 conference games - got blown out even, but we are really good!"  Just can't imagine him saying that.  It almost makes make think Ferry is trying to set up his AD and all of the fans for accepting losing in most or all of these games.  Let's say we could lose right now, before we play them, and in this way I can go back to this statement and say, But I told you so.  But he would NEVER do that, would he.

Last edited by FAM (1/02/2016 10:08 am)

1/02/2016 10:37 am  #5

Start of A-10 conference play today; here's some analysis of the league...
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/atlantic-10-reset-dayton-george-washington-lead-the-way/

Dayton still the favorite in a wide open Atlantic 10 http://mobile.gazettenet.com/home/20322091-108/dayton-still-the-favorite-in-a-wide-open-atlantic-10

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (1/02/2016 10:39 am)

1/02/2016 11:16 am  #6

Dayton favored by 6 points.

1/02/2016 12:19 pm  #7

FAM:  You have an inexplicable way of throwing rain on any parade that passes you by.  You bring to mind kids who have cases of the "yeah, buts"  You say you like the Dukes because of their OOC success (offhandedly and grudgingly giving a parsimonious dab of praise to Jim Ferry) and then proceed to say (in your opinion) that Jim is setting us up in case he loses.  He believes his team is pretty good and has said so since they went to Ireland.  Do you really believe he should say his team is not good like he consistently did the first year of so he was coach.   It seems you love to belittle him every chance you get.  Why didn't you bring out the B.S.  LHTM defense argument again.  You do a great job of spoiling any revelry in the modest amount of success the team has accomplished so far this year.   Enjoy the game.

1/02/2016 1:08 pm  #8

You'll probably provide one of your rants soon, but again, you interpret sooo much that isn't accurate.  I praised the coaching, the team, and said how glad I was for what they have done so far, and not with a grudge.  Don't let the facts get in the way.  This HAS been the OOC schedule only.  When you don't hear what you want, you usually go for the personal attacks...I am sure that will come with your next response. His comments in my opinion, don't often show accountability.  I just think he is often just worrying about covering his but.  As far as his comment that he believes he has a good team (since Ireland) that is good.  But if you lose the next 5 games, I don't agree that his statement is accurate.   I will enjoy the game and hopefully, they will win. 

1/02/2016 1:11 pm  #9

Geo. Tech up 3 at No. Caro. at the half. Doesn't mean anything but it got my hopes up a little more that we can pull this one out with Dayton. Tech looked pretty good in the 1st half.

1/02/2016 1:41 pm  #10

Way too much negativity here.  You're going to trash the team in anticipation of a loss to a good team when Duquesne will be playing without their best scorer and another starter.  I suppose you couldn't wait to go negative until after the game was played?

1/02/2016 3:06 pm  #11

We have nobody that can finish with contact today.

1/02/2016 3:15 pm  #12

This is ugly.

1/02/2016 3:15 pm  #13

I hope no one has watched this game.  I might need Lasik after because my eyes are going to be damaged.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/02/2016 3:22 pm  #14

Colter is having an ABYSMAL game.  

1/02/2016 3:22 pm  #15

Well so much for not drinking so early in the day

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/02/2016 3:25 pm  #16

Colter is killing us.  Thank goodness they are missing their three point shots.

1/02/2016 3:26 pm  #17

Brutal half of basketball. At least we hit our foul shots. Have to think we'd be in good shape if Mason were playing.

1/02/2016 3:27 pm  #18

Other than some decent defensive rebounding, nobody is playing basketball for the Dukes so far.

1/02/2016 3:33 pm  #19

This is embarrassing.  Colter is disappearing in big games.  Gill should be on the bench.  Lewis doesn't have a clue.  Someone has to step up and score and Dayton has to have another horrible half.

1/02/2016 3:42 pm  #20

I think Lewis might be our best hope.  That isn't good.

1/02/2016 3:57 pm  #21

I think Colter has a boot on his shooting hand.

1/02/2016 4:05 pm  #22

Colter is killing them

1/02/2016 4:13 pm  #23

Archie keeps it together a lot more than Sean ever did.  I think the refs have made some questionable calls in our favor today.  

1/02/2016 4:20 pm  #24

Simms wrote:

Archie keeps it together a lot more than Sean ever did.  I think the refs have made some questionable calls in our favor today.  

I'm seeing questionable calls both ways.

1/02/2016 4:26 pm  #25

The officiating is dreadful.

So is DC.

Board footera