Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2016 8:40 am  #1

1/06/2016 1:37 pm  #2

1/06/2016 7:03 pm  #3

Re: Davidson

I've never gotten the pay per view.  How come the game is starting now, but the video doesn't start for 40 minutes?This sucks!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/06/2016 7:13 pm  #4

Having major issues watching the video through the A10 website. Never had an issue all year. Great job by davidson.

1/06/2016 7:50 pm  #5

Nice rally by the Dukes at the end of the first half.  Colter hitting some shots.  Hopefully Colter will get back on track. 

1/06/2016 7:51 pm  #6

Down 2 at the half. How did they look (to anyone who watched)?

1/06/2016 8:50 pm  #7

This team can't play catch up.  All their wins they have taken early leads and won going away or held off the other team's runs.

Typical Duquesne cold streak, where they go 6 or 7 minutes, clanging poor three point attempts, missing lay ups and commiting defensive lapses.

OH yeah, nice job Jim Ferry getting a technical two games in a row.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/06/2016 9:09 pm  #8

Horrible second half.  Sloppy unforced errors, selfishness by certain players, and I though poor coaching getting that "T". Ferry should have been yelling at certain players rather than the refs. It will be interesting to see the stats to see TO vs assists.  Micah played well despite not hitting any treys, and James was exceptional.  This is another opportunity for a W that we missed.  

1/06/2016 9:13 pm  #9

CLK wrote:

James was exceptional.    

Again

1/06/2016 9:17 pm  #10

Got to wonder what the future is for Castro. He does not even get in in garbage time.  

1/06/2016 9:20 pm  #11

1 assist the entire second half is beyond belief. 7 for the game 5 of which came from Micah. 16% from three. And even more incredibly very little use of the bench. 14 turnovers again double digits. If you are a player on this team how do you attempt to understand the substitution pattern.

Last edited by The Dome (1/06/2016 9:26 pm)

1/06/2016 9:27 pm  #12

CLK wrote:

Horrible second half.  Sloppy unforced errors, selfishness by certain players, and I though poor coaching getting that "T". Ferry should have been yelling at certain players rather than the refs. It will be interesting to see the stats to see TO vs assists.  Micah played well despite not hitting any treys, and James was exceptional.  This is another opportunity for a W that we missed.  

Micah did some nice things, but we can't win with him going 2-9. DC shot much better, but 0 assists won't cut it. I knew this 4 game stretch would be difficult, but it's a shame we picked this time to have injuries. Well, as I thought, what we do at home against our peers, and the bottom teams, will determine how good of a season this is. The league is strange this year, as the top teams are nothing special, and the bottom teams are better. This means there are opportunities for wins, but few games you can assume as victories. GW lost to St. Louis tonight.

1/06/2016 9:32 pm  #13

The Dome wrote:

1 assist the entire second half is beyond belief. 7 for the game 5 of which came from Micah. 16% from three. And even more incredibly very little use of the bench. 14 turnovers again double digits. If you are a player on this team how do you attempt to understand the substitution pattern.

The problem is that they can't score now, and the guys on the bench are not players who are likely to give you many points. They've gotten away from what was working earlier in the year when they were getting a ton of assists. Guys are not trusting their teammates, and are trying to do too much. Losing Jones has hurt more than we thought it would.

Looking at the schedule, the home game vs Bona, and the game at GMU are the key to the season. One is a fairly tough opponent at home, and the other, a weak opponent on the road. These are the games we must win to hava a successful season (I'm assuming we beat teams like SLU, and LaSalle at home, because if we can't do that, then the season will become a disaster). If we win those two games, we should be able to reach our modest goals for the season.

1/06/2016 9:45 pm  #14

Duq81 I'm sorry this team has never had a ton of assists. How can you say the bench can't score, would you have believed James would be a double / double machine. Robinson had 7 very serviceable minutes against Dayton and may never be seen again. He can score from the low post. We haven't seen enough of these guys to know. The saddest part is everyone of these games where winnable. This team needs to be shaken up!!!!

1/06/2016 9:59 pm  #15

The Dome wrote:

Duq81 I'm sorry this team has never had a ton of assists. How can you say the bench can't score, would you have believed James would be a double / double machine. Robinson had 7 very serviceable minutes against Dayton and may never be seen again. He can score from the low post. We haven't seen enough of these guys to know. The saddest part is everyone of these games where winnable. This team needs to be shaken up!!!!

They had 7 assists tonight. They had 20 vs PSU, 16 vs Milwaukee, 17 vs WKU. A big difference from tonight. Of course you don't get an assist when the shooter puts up a brick, no matter how good the pass is.

1/06/2016 10:30 pm  #16

duq81 we are not playing like we did earlier in the year.  As I said earlier we are playing very selfish basketball in the last two games.  Way too many quick shots and little and ineffective ball movement.  Case in point was the start of the second half.  Gill killed us on the first three trips...a quick trey, a missed quick shot and a charging foul.  Now the Dukes are down 8.    Colter needs to step up and play uner control and start setting other players up. I don't know how many TO he had but it was too  many.

Last edited by CLK (1/06/2016 10:34 pm)

1/06/2016 10:37 pm  #17

Dayton 8, Pitt 12, Pepperdine 9, St. Francis 12, RMU 13. How about working for a good shot instead of chucking 3's. And when we where playing lesser opponents and these 3's where falling those assists came a bit easier. As bad as tonight's effort was remove the 3's and we shoot 53.8% from the field!!! How did we find those shots.

1/07/2016 11:14 am  #18

One of the reasons that we are not playing the same way we played at the beginning of the year is actually simple...the competition.  This is not OOC teams. These are teams in our league which is very good.  Hopefully the players/coach will adjust.

1/07/2016 11:15 am  #19

I think Robinson was thought to fit a role of being down low, grab some rebounds and hit a few put backs and maybe score 8 to 10 points a game, not so but Saunders may grow into that, he has a nose for the ball. Gill may be 6-8 but still plays offense like he is 6-5' loves the trey.
James is the story this year, he may be our 15-11 at the three, I just bet Mason ankle bothered his shot and ability to get free for open looks.
Dukes just need to grind thru until they play lesser foes and get home again.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/07/2016 11:52 am  #20

In my opinion the team needs to have some reasonable scoring threat from inside the paint.  I would say that Ty has the best offensive potential to score down low instead of away from the hoop.  Getting Ty the ball either in the paint or on the short baseline makes him tough to defend as opposed to getting him the ball away from the hoop, where he is easy to defend.  Jordan can also score down low, but the coaches obviously find too many negatives in the rest of his game, to give him the minutes he would need to develop as a scoring threat.  I don't see any appreciable contribution from the other bigs in terms of scoring, beyond dunks and put-backs.

Last edited by levon1975 (1/07/2016 11:53 am)

1/08/2016 8:56 am  #21

The Dome wrote:

Excellent post.  Above vs a team that  lost to Bonnies.  

1/08/2016 1:05 pm  #22

Hilltopper wrote:

The Dome wrote:

Excellent post.  Above vs a team that  lost to Bonnies.  

Bona is a good team. they're 10-3, and they're going to win most of their home games. Davidson lost to them on the road, not at home.

1/08/2016 1:52 pm  #23

I was surprised he played Mason the other night...I would have given him another day off because I didn't think we would beat Davidson there with him. Upcoming thoughts:
@ GW - very difficult to win    Home-St. Louis - why not us
DU home Bonnies on the 16th  - though the former Bobby Mo coach seems to have Ferry's number, if we are going to beat them it will have to be here.    If we win two out of three I will agree  that we are a good team.  If we win one or even none, we are better than last year based on our OOC record but I do not believe we are very good.  Jones was good and I think his replacement is even better!!  If we can find one other strong person to step in, that will do wonders.  As far as Ferry substituting without logic to us, I am okay with that...I think he is trying to see who will get the hot hand and that person will play a lot that game.  None of those other players are that developed yet that one is ready to take over like James. 

Last edited by FAM (1/08/2016 1:53 pm)

1/09/2016 2:11 pm  #24

FAM wrote:

I was surprised he played Mason the other night...I would have given him another day off because I didn't think we would beat Davidson there with him. Upcoming thoughts:
@ GW - very difficult to win    Home-St. Louis - why not us
DU home Bonnies on the 16th  - though the former Bobby Mo coach seems to have Ferry's number, if we are going to beat them it will have to be here.    If we win two out of three I will agree  that we are a good team.  If we win one or even none, we are better than last year based on our OOC record but I do not believe we are very good.  Jones was good and I think his replacement is even better!!  If we can find one other strong person to step in, that will do wonders.  As far as Ferry substituting without logic to us, I am okay with that...I think he is trying to see who will get the hot hand and that person will play a lot that game.  None of those other players are that developed yet that one is ready to take over like James. 

That Bona game is key. They are a good team, maybe the third or fourth best in the league. Winning these games at home are crucial. If we can beat teams like this at home, we have a chance to finish around .500 in the league, which would give us a nice record overall.

Board footera