Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2016 4:12 pm  #1

1/11/2016 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Dukes move up to 30th in AP Poll Released Jan. 11, 2016

Just got to keep winning. The GW game is gonna be a big one

1/11/2016 5:02 pm  #3

Big school bias still prevalent in that poll...

1/12/2016 1:27 pm  #4

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Big school bias still prevalent in that poll...

As the Dukes' announcer, I think you do an excellent job.  

I wish the acoustics were better in the Palumbo than they are.  The sound seems to bounce around the hard surfaces of the Palumbo's interior.  Perhaps not much can be done to change that; however, I wonder if it's possible to play the recorded music at a considerably lower volume.  I know my hearing is not as good as when I was younger, but not so bad that I need to have the volume turned up as high as it is now played in order for me to hear it.  Who do you recommend that my complaint should best be addressed?  I've heard many fans complain about the excessive volume of the recorded music.  

Also I wonder why it's not possible to give the score of one of the Dukes' basketball teams who is playing out to town on the same day and time as a when the other team is playing at the Palumbo.  On Wednesday, Jan 13th the extremely successful women's team is playing at RI at the very same time that the men's team will be playing St. Louis on the Bluff.  Could you provide score updates on the women's game during time time outs?  With all  of those people sitting at the scorer's table, there has to be someone who has the time to track the score of the out of town game.  Even better, why can't that very expensive 4-screen video scoreboard hanging above the center circle post the women's score throughout the evening?  By the way, that scoreboard failed to show the individual players' stats for the entire women's game against Fordham on Sunday.  Do you know the reason for this?  

All of these issues if resolved will help improve the fans' experience when attending a game at the Palumbo, but not as much as having a winning program!  

Board footera