Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2016 10:36 am  #1

VCU GAMEDAY

VCU is the last undefeated and #1 ranked team in the conference and we are playing on their court. That being said I think if we see similar play to Saturday vs Bonnie's we can sneak out of there with a win tonight. Solid interior d, sharing the ball, and making that extra pass for a great not a good look are some of the things I'm looking for to get a successful result. I also want to see more Q as the season progresses. You can get a 24 hour VCU sports pass on the A-10 site for 4.95 to watch the game. Go Dukes!

1/20/2016 12:15 pm  #2

Re: VCU GAMEDAY

Also their starting guard Jordan Burgess will be out for this one.

1/20/2016 12:37 pm  #3

I don't think any of us penciled this one in as a win before the season.  I do not expect the Dukes to win tonight.  However, the game must still be played.  I think the team has the potential to pull off an upset and it would be a nice step forward if that were to happen.

1/20/2016 1:06 pm  #4

Definitely don't think we should expect a win and I'm sure the spread will reflect that. However, with a key injury and our current run of form, crazier things have happened.

1/20/2016 1:17 pm  #5

Oh man. Line is VCU -13.5 right now

1/20/2016 6:21 pm  #6

Yeah don't think we will win tonight. VCU looks really nice right now. However I do want to stay competitive throughout the game.

If we lose by less than 5 I won't feel to depressed about our program.

Roll Dukes Roll

1/20/2016 6:37 pm  #7

VCU is coming off an emotional win over their biggest rival. Maybe there will be a little hangover on their part

1/20/2016 6:38 pm  #8

The game is televised on MASN for those of you in the mid Atlantic region who get that channel

1/20/2016 7:13 pm  #9

Paid to see this. What a bush league operation by VCU. Constant replays with a commercial (full screen!) sandwiched around each one.

1/20/2016 7:23 pm  #10

Apple this is bullshit. Every time we have the ball on offense or are shooting free throws they cut to these bs highlights of VCU making a layup. Mason and lg playing great early tysean and Lewis with two early fouls each

1/20/2016 7:34 pm  #11

Unfortunately, Ty got his 3rd right away.

1/20/2016 7:46 pm  #12

DC is killing us

1/20/2016 8:13 pm  #13

I HATE when DC just randomly launches a three from the top of the key.  Run the offense!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/20/2016 8:15 pm  #14

Simms wrote:

I HATE when DC just randomly launches a three from the top of the key.  Run the offense!

He's been ice cold lately. Let's hope he finds a second wind and finishes out his career right

1/20/2016 8:26 pm  #15

These guys don't miss from 3...  SOME of these shots are pretty well defended..  A game of runs and they are making most of them.  

Last edited by Simms (1/20/2016 8:27 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/20/2016 8:35 pm  #16

VCU shooting their brains out. Just watched a spin-move 3 under pressure. This is bad, not all the Dukes' fault. This opponent is HOT tonight.

1/20/2016 8:57 pm  #17

We actually did some good things tonight, but give VCU credit. Those guys shot us out of the gym and they play really aggressive D

1/20/2016 9:33 pm  #18

They are at another level - just a lot better than us.  No ones fault - they are just that much better.

1/20/2016 9:55 pm  #19

Don't know why I'm doing this since this was an anticipated loss and doesn't hurt our ability for a winning season?  It's the same old story with a few different twist, far to many fouls 19, far to many turnovers 18. The bench was nonexistent with 2 points!!!!!  Lewis again 3 rebounds in 21 minutes for perspective Robinson 3 in 11 minutes. It should be apparent Colter isn't just cold as a matter of fact no one other than Mason should have a green light from 3. Gill, James and Colter where a combined 3/12 from 3 and once again take away the 3's and we shoot 50% from the field. Colter, Mason & James 38 minutes. Dukes 2012 please enlighten me to the positives. FAM I'm not sure they are that much better.

Last edited by The Dome (1/20/2016 9:56 pm)

1/20/2016 9:59 pm  #20

The Dome wrote:

Don't know why I'm doing this since this was an anticipated loss and doesn't hurt our ability for a winning season?  It's the same old story with a few different twist, far to many fouls 19, far to many turnovers 18. The bench was nonexistent with 2 points!!!!!  Lewis again 3 rebounds in 21 minutes for perspective Robinson 3 in 11 minutes. It should be apparent Colter isn't just cold as a matter of fact no one other than Mason should have a green light from 3. Gill, James and Colter where a combined 3/12 from 3 and once again take away the 3's and we shoot 50% from the field. Colter, Mason & James 38 minutes. Dukes 2012 please enlighten me to the positives. FAM I'm not sure they are that much better.

How about second chance points?

1/20/2016 10:07 pm  #21

We lost that 22-21 but I like your thinking and it lead me to a real positive 16 offensive rebounds.

1/20/2016 10:37 pm  #22

The next game is a key one. A bad team on the road. This is a game we need to win to stay on track. Winning this game on the road, is equivalent to beating an above average team like Bona at home. Those are the games you need to consistently win to take a step forward.

1/21/2016 7:51 am  #23

If Duquesne does not win 3 of the next 5 games, then the NIT is simply a pipe dream.

1/21/2016 9:04 am  #24

rittersdiner wrote:

If Duquesne does not win 3 of the next 5 games, then the NIT is simply a pipe dream.

The next 4 games are all winnable. Need to take 3 of them. The 5th game is at Dayton. They're not going to win that. The 6th game is UMass at home. Need to win 4 of those 6. That would leave us at 16-9, going into a tough 3 game stretch. If we could then win one of those 3, plus beat Fordham, I'd be totally satisfied with the season. Beat Richmond, and the NIT would be within reach going into Brooklyn at 19-12. Might have to reach the finals to get in though.

1/21/2016 9:17 am  #25

Again didn't think we would win but i did want to stay competitive. I feel a big part about this team is confidence. If they should lose they play like it...instead of saying "We've got nothing to lose, lets hang it all out there" 

To many turnovers

Also this is what I mean but I am not to worried about next years guard play because its not like Micah and DC are shooting 60% a night. 

Powell, Lewis, and Sanders need to step up. 

Also LG with only 3 Three point attempts. I am okay with that, just get that big guy in the paint.

Well be right back on track for the next couple games.  

Roll Dukes Roll

Board footera