Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2016 7:02 am  #1

George Mason Game

Apparently, the game will be played today at 2pm, due to the blizzard that is going to hit DC.

1/22/2016 8:44 am  #2

Re: George Mason Game

Crazy. Any way to watch?

1/22/2016 9:54 am  #3

Streaming on the a10 site for free. Crazy stat on the preview.

"The Dukes have out rebounded 12 of 19 opponents and are 11-1 in those games"
"The Dukes are one victory shy of tying their highest win total under Jim ferry (13-17 in 2013-14)"
"Head coach Jim Ferry enters the George Mason game with 299 career wins"

And even crazier apparently the game is being played at a 1,500 seat on campus recreation and athletic complex due to a previously scheduled event for the same time at their normal arena

1/22/2016 10:39 am  #4

I think the A10 has made a major mistake.  Either the game needed to be rescheduled or moved to Palumbo with GMU as the home team.  Here are the court conditions.  Take note of the lines.  I'll be halfway stunned if no one from either team loses track of where they are on the basketball court relative to the volleyball court. 

1/22/2016 11:26 am  #5

What a joke

1/22/2016 11:34 am  #6

WEB wrote:

I think the A10 has made a major mistake.  Either the game needed to be rescheduled or moved to Palumbo with GMU as the home team.  Here are the court conditions.  Take note of the lines.  I'll be halfway stunned if no one from either team loses track of where they are on the basketball court relative to the volleyball court.

Refs, too!  I certainly wouldn't want to officiate this one.

May give GMU a decent advantage though if they ever practice there when their main court is being used for wbb, concerts, etc.  (Note:  I have no idea if they ever do or not.)

Last edited by rogabee (1/22/2016 11:38 am)

1/22/2016 11:42 am  #7

Didn't even think about the officiating aspect. It will even be difficult to watch and understand what's going on. This will definitely be interesting

1/22/2016 11:45 am  #8

Ridiculous 

Roll Dukes Roll

1/22/2016 11:54 am  #9

All of these last second changes seem to favor George Mason

1/22/2016 12:08 pm  #10

Duques102 wrote:

All of these last second changes seem to favor George Mason

Not exactly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/21/for-gmu-mens-basketball-team-a-long-nights-journey-into-morning/

1/22/2016 12:53 pm  #11

Man. Well now I'm ok with all of this!

1/22/2016 2:14 pm  #12

And Lewis picks up his second foul before five minutes into the game, says Bill Murray hitting the alarm clock again.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/22/2016 2:26 pm  #13

Dukes up 29-12 at the RAC. 

By the way, the Patriots do practice there everyday.  Place looks fairly crowded for their 1,500 seat arena.

1/22/2016 2:46 pm  #14

Gill is completely unconscious. 5 threes in the first half. Micah started hot again. Been in control the entire half. Taking care of business so far. 14 point lead at the half

1/22/2016 2:48 pm  #15

LG's usual back-iron 3's are hitting nothin but net so far today.

If not for the rebound imbalance, this game would almost be in the books already. I think I just heard that the Dukes don't have an offensive board in the whole first half.

1/22/2016 2:57 pm  #16

We have 17 boards all defensive. They have 24, 11 of which are offensive. Keep in mind we are taking a lot more shots than them. I think you could put this one in the books right now.

Last edited by Duques102 (1/22/2016 2:59 pm)

1/22/2016 3:01 pm  #17

Duques102 wrote:

I think you could put this one in the books right now.

I wouldn't quite yet.  It's been a game of runs thus far, and Mason may be able to make another couple at the Dukes, particularly if the shooting does fall off for DU.

1/22/2016 3:21 pm  #18

7 point game now.  Absolutely ridiculous

1/22/2016 3:21 pm  #19

rogabee wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

I think you could put this one in the books right now.

I wouldn't quite yet.  It's been a game of runs thus far, and Mason may be able to make another couple at the Dukes, particularly if the shooting does fall off for DU.

Prophetic words right now, Rogabee. Dukes look flat now.

1/22/2016 3:38 pm  #20

Ughhhhhh way closer than it needs to be

1/22/2016 3:43 pm  #21

Why the hell when we are having trouble hitting shots and trying to preserve a late lead we start jacking up contested threes 5 seconds into the shot clock?!?!?!

1/22/2016 7:33 pm  #22

Thought I'd  go from memory on some things I really liked about today's game.  Some are repetitions but still deserve note: Darius Lewis made a trifecta of keys plays as the game wound down.  First, he went out to the elbow and canned a jumper.  Wow!!!  Then he blocked his only shot of the game that he was given credit for.  And then he got fouled and made the first end of his two shots.  All of that happened after the lead dwindled to 4. Tysean Powell continues to get just about every important defensive rebound. Another 9 point and 8 rebound performance.  It's getting to be a habit with him-- a good habit. MarQuell Jackson canned two important 3's and gave some solid minutes relieving Eric James. Eric James, another nine boards and 7 points. L.G. Gill with 17 points and a good all around game. Micah and DC with their points and 5 assists each. Slowly and surely this team is gelling.  They are learning how to protect a lead and what it takes to win.  I like what I see a lot.  

1/22/2016 10:51 pm  #23

grammudder wrote:

Thought I'd  go from memory on some things I really liked about today's game.  Some are repetitions but still deserve note: Darius Lewis made a trifecta of keys plays as the game wound down.  First, he went out to the elbow and canned a jumper.  Wow!!!  Then he blocked his only shot of the game that he was given credit for.  And then he got fouled and made the first end of his two shots.  All of that happened after the lead dwindled to 4. Tysean Powell continues to get just about every important defensive rebound. Another 9 point and 8 rebound performance.  It's getting to be a habit with him-- a good habit. MarQuell Jackson canned two important 3's and gave some solid minutes relieving Eric James. Eric James, another nine boards and 7 points. L.G. Gill with 17 points and a good all around game. Micah and DC with their points and 5 assists each. Slowly and surely this team is gelling.  They are learning how to protect a lead and what it takes to win.  I like what I see a lot.  

1. Yeah but Lewis needs to stop picking up two fouls in the first ten minutes of the games. This is getting old.

2.  Gill and James were great,. I love seeing our versatile forwards play. Seems like when those guys are playing well inside and outside., we do well.

3.  I am really tired of them not being able to put teams away when they have a big lead.  Other than the Penn State game, on at least three occasions they have let teams back into games that the bus should have been warming up with 10 minutes to go.  A 17 point lead should not have dwindled to four against this team. Do that against a Dayton or GW and this is a loss.  Team needs  a bit more swagger and killer instinct with a lead.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/22/2016 11:40 pm  #24

Tejas that's the problem when you are firing up shots every 14.5 seconds. The game should have been over at halftime. How can Grammy say they are learning to protect a lead when they blew a 17 point lead in the first half and a 15 point halftime lead. No lead is safe with this team. Thank God George Mason is as undisciplined as we are, see the alley oop that went south when they where down 4 in the second half. I'm happy we won but I was left with the thoughts of Seth Greenberg while doing color on a game this week, play good D, take good shots and hit the boards and you have a great chance every night, depend on the 3 ball and your chances diminish to less than 50/50 obviously. With that lead to have almost 60% of your shots be 3's?????  BTW watch a replay of NCState vs Pitt to see how to build and then manage a lead. GM was putrid in the first half the lead should have been 20 +.  Grammy one more thing Powell had a good game on the boards but don't get carried away 5 other Dukes including BOTH guards have more defensive rebounds than he does for the season. It was overdue for him to step it up. Watch closely those fast break dunks he is famous for stem from him letting others hit the boards while he breaks immediately down court. He is a very talented player but he needs to play smarter.

Last edited by The Dome (1/22/2016 11:53 pm)

1/23/2016 3:24 am  #25

The Dome wrote:

Tejas that's the problem when you are firing up shots every 14.5 seconds. The game should have been over at halftime. How can Grammy say they are learning to protect a lead when they blew a 17 point lead in the first half and a 15 point halftime lead. No lead is safe with this team. Thank God George Mason is as undisciplined as we are, see the alley oop that went south when they where down 4 in the second half. I'm happy we won but I was left with the thoughts of Seth Greenberg while doing color on a game this week, play good D, take good shots and hit the boards and you have a great chance every night, depend on the 3 ball and your chances diminish to less than 50/50 obviously. With that lead to have almost 60% of your shots be 3's????? BTW watch a replay of NCState vs Pitt to see how to build and then manage a lead. GM was putrid in the first half the lead should have been 20 +. Grammy one more thing Powell had a good game on the boards but don't get carried away 5 other Dukes including BOTH guards have more defensive rebounds than he does for the season. It was overdue for him to step it up. Watch closely those fast break dunks he is famous for stem from him letting others hit the boards while he breaks immediately down court. He is a very talented player but he needs to play smarter.

I agree totally, the dukes also didn't work the clock in the second half.  way too many 3 attempts vs setting up for  something inside while working the clock.  also, it drives me nuts that Ferry's teams let the opponent roll the ball past mid-court to start every in-bound play. this extended this game maybe 3 minutes, just not smart ball. It empowers your opponent and extends the game. It just take one player at the inbound to force the opponent to start the clock at inbound. Some people don't see it, but in this game it really started to add up. It's just plan nuts.   GM almost crawled back into this game and helping them preserve the clock like that didn't help our cause. Still it was a victory, I still think this team can get better down the stretch, just got to get away from launching quick 3's with the lead and working the clock and working the paint with the lead.  If they did, they wouldn't have these crazy cold spells  that let the game get close. 

Board footera