Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2016 4:06 pm  #1

Ferry, Dukes Refuse to Make Excuses

Drop 86 on George Mason on the road.  With all the crap that went on, refreshing to just deal with the issues of the situation and get out with a win. 

13 wins. 

If we can not stumble in the next 2, we'd be 15-7(5-5) and have a potentially huge home game v. Davidson on February 6th. 

1/22/2016 4:12 pm  #2

Re: Ferry, Dukes Refuse to Make Excuses

Like when Mason Missed the second free throw and the ball rattled around and fell off, ball was taken up court on a walking dribble and shot was finally taken all with only three seconds off the clock? The win was a good one, hope for a safe ride back to Duquesne.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/22/2016 4:36 pm  #3

The game clocker was slow with the start button repeatedly during the second half.  

1/22/2016 5:02 pm  #4

We played a fantastic first half. Went a little cold in the second but the guys did a nice job of battling in there. Anybody know if they are going to make it back to Pittsburgh or get stuck in fairfax for a few days?

1/22/2016 5:46 pm  #5

I thought one of the concerns in moving the game up was allowing DU to leave.    Either way I'm sure safety of the team will be the top concern.

Since it is snowing already, I hope they didn't leave. 

Great win!!

1/22/2016 5:54 pm  #6

They may as well stay put. It's pretty much all hills from Frederick, to Pittsburgh. Not the type of roads you want to be on in heavy snow, especially with a bus. They can probably get out of there Sunday afternoon.

1/22/2016 6:17 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

They may as well stay put. It's pretty much all hills from Frederick, to Pittsburgh. Not the type of roads you want to be on in heavy snow, especially with a bus. They can probably get out of there Sunday afternoon.

If saftey was the concern, game should have been played at Palumbo.

1/22/2016 7:40 pm  #8

WEB wrote:

duq81 wrote:

If saftey was the concern, game should have been played at Palumbo.

Why should Mason have to give up a home game? Palumbo would have been as empty as this place was, and GMU would be stuck in Pittsburgh.

1/22/2016 8:37 pm  #9

duq81 wrote:

Alby Oxenreiter @albyox
#Duquesne beats Geo Mason & just got an email update. The #Dukes are on I-70 & moving slowly to Pgh--about 20 miles from the PA border #WPXI

1/22/2016 10:47 pm  #10

Not sure i agree with that move.  Might have been better to find a motel a little further north...

1/22/2016 11:16 pm  #11

Looks like they are stuck awhile around Breezewood according to WPIX news.

1/23/2016 12:56 am  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

Looks like they are stuck awhile around Breezewood according to WPIX news.

Get a hotel there, and then come home tomorrow. Since the western half of the state isn't getting hit as hard, the roads should be passable by noon.

1/23/2016 7:51 am  #13

wpxi just showed pics of the dukes bus, stuck all night on turnpike. 18inches of snow surrounding it.
hopefully, they make it home safely.
appears the snow storm hit earlier than expected. friends and relatives in fairfax/dc area said they were prepared for a 4-5pm storm that hit around 130pm

1/23/2016 9:46 am  #15

I believe that this crisis deserves its own thread, Mrs. Ferry. Here's a couple of suggested headlines for you.

Ferry, Dukes get bad advice from National Wearher Service and Bus Company
---or---
Ferry, Dukes turn adversity into national publicity

1/23/2016 9:51 am  #16

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I believe that this crisis deserves its own thread, Mrs. Ferry. Here's a couple of suggested headlines for you.

---or---

I believe he said that the thinking was that, based on the storm projections, they would be fine once they got out of the greater DMV area. They were supposedly doing well but then traffic just stopped. The biggest question I have is why the hell the game wasn't played at noon, as opposed to 2. They would have been in the clear had it been two hours earlier

1/23/2016 10:03 am  #17

Dukes2012 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

---or---

I believe he said that the thinking was that, based on the storm projections, they would be fine once they got out of the greater DMV area. They were supposedly doing well but then traffic just stopped. The biggest question I have is why the hell the game wasn't played at noon, as opposed to 2. They would have been in the clear had it been two hours earlier

Dukes2012, having that game earlier would have been extra tough on George Mason after their own travel issues getting back to campus on Thursday. I'm not being critical of any decision here; the turnpike thing was just bad luck. I'm just having some fun at the expense of "Mrs. Ferry".

Board footera