Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2016 12:07 pm  #1

Fordham-Last home game 2016

Gonna be at this one to see the senior's last home game. Despite everything going on right now, these guys have put a lot of time and effort and deserve a proper send off for all their contributions over the years. If it weren't for DC and Micah who knows where we'd be right now. Wanna say thanks to those guys, hope we can bring one home for them.

3/02/2016 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Fordham-Last home game 2016

Duques102 wrote:

Gonna be at this one to see the senior's last home game. Despite everything going on right now, these guys have put a lot of time and effort and deserve a proper send off for all their contributions over the years. If it weren't for DC and Micah who knows where we'd be right now. Wanna say thanks to those guys, hope we can bring one home for them.

Hope the best for them, they like us will always be DU Alum. They worked hard, and played a whole lot of time here.  I just wish they could have been on that kind of team that would have been able to show-case their talents better, instead of asking too much of them.  It's been fun watching them. Both have unique talents.  Hopefully for them they finish strong and surprise someone in the A-10 tourney.   

3/02/2016 7:45 pm  #3

This is just painful to watch. 

Jarrett Durham just said it, "I got to question the effort at this point!" 

Yep, they've checked out.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/02/2016 7:46 pm  #4

Looks like Ferry brought back the LHTM (Let's Hope they Miss) defense for the last 6 minutes of the second half.  No motivation, no hard work...that's on the coaches and the players.

3/02/2016 7:47 pm  #5

And of course their guy hits an open 3 with almost no time on the clock to put the halftime lead back to 9!  Great defense there!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/02/2016 7:48 pm  #6

Fordham making it look like we've got cement in our sneakers.

3/02/2016 7:48 pm  #7

It's laughable at this point. If we end the year on a 9 game losing streak next week that would just be insane

3/02/2016 7:49 pm  #8

You said it, wide open three's everywhere, Dukes pressed on bringing the ball up court, almost no one comes back to help or set a screen. Quick shots, unforced turnovers.This is hard to watch, think I will just catch the recap.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/02/2016 7:49 pm  #9

1ST HALF NOTES 
1. Mason turns the ball over a lot 
2. Both guards take dumb shots 
3. Defense plays waaaaay off players at the three and can't close out. Even if they do they are to aggressive and their man goes right by them.(Coaching)
4. Steel needs to play more aggressive so we can see what he can do
5. Like Robinson 
6. Where is Q and Castro? Seasons over, now its time to scout. 

Roll Dukes Roll

3/02/2016 7:51 pm  #10

Bet a guy at work before the season that we would have a winning record this year. Was giving it to him pretty good when we we're 15-7. I should be getting a text any minute now.

3/02/2016 7:54 pm  #11

WashPaRick wrote:

Bet a guy at work before the season that we would have a winning record this year. Was giving it to him pretty good when we we're 15-7. I should be getting a text any minute now.

Hey, go look at my odds thread.  Boy am I relieved no one took me up on a few ones I was offering a few weeks ago.

BTW, we celebrated my wife's birthday in New Orleans the last weekend in January. I even watched the game I had recorded when I got home!  My God, they have not won for one whole month!

This is beyond pathetic!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/02/2016 8:10 pm  #12

Not JF's fault. Jones out, Powell quit, rest of team lost interest. Next year will be different. New players coming in, current players will work hard in off season.  Team came close.  Play, shot here or there and their record would be different.  Takes time to build a program. Got do it right.  Piece by piece.  Team made progress this year--work in progress.  Thank all the fans.  Staff will work hard for next year.

3/02/2016 8:20 pm  #13

Econ, you are kidding right???  Have you followed the team?  Did you look at their rotation for the last 10 games?  Takes time???  This is year 4 and next year his two top scorers will be gone.  I'll stop there.  If you haven't been following everything going on with his lack of accountability, etc.  The only reason he will be here two more years is because DU can't afford to buy him out.  They are stuck.

3/02/2016 8:30 pm  #14

It's laughable at this point. If we end the year on a 9 game losing streak next week that would just be insane

3/02/2016 8:43 pm  #15

And with a three point lead, we get the rebound and instantly throw a stupid turnover pass that Fordham converts into a three!

Why do I even bother watching this?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/02/2016 8:46 pm  #16

FAM wrote:

Econ, you are kidding right??? Have you followed the team? Did you look at their rotation for the last 10 games? Takes time??? This is year 4 and next year his two top scorers will be gone. I'll stop there. If you haven't been following everything going on with his lack of accountability, etc. The only reason he will be here two more years is because DU can't afford to buy him out. They are stuck.

This guy clearly hasn't watch these last 9 games. 

Roll Dukes Roll

3/02/2016 8:51 pm  #17

For those of you who are worried about what the dukes will be like with mason and dc....rest easy. 
Although mason's offensive talent is incredible these two just killed us with multiple turnovers, terrible close outs, and even worse distributing. 
Next years roster will produce a more balance team...I hope. 

Roll Dukes Roll

3/02/2016 8:52 pm  #18

Ferry and his staff should truly be embarrassed.

3/02/2016 8:54 pm  #19

That's it. I am done for the year!  Don't care anymore. Not wasting one more second of my life on this trainwreck of a season, this utter failure of a coach and this talentless program!

Don't care to see them get blown out by St. Joe's and don't care to watch them lose in the special ed round of the A-10 Tourney!!!!!!

See ya guys, I might be back next fall!

One note though. Will be watching the ladies with bated breath to make the Dance!  At last something I can be proud of!  Go Coach Burt! Go Ladies!

Go to Hell Jim Ferry and coaching staff!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/02/2016 8:57 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/02/2016 8:57 pm  #20

I was being sarcastic.  

3/02/2016 9:01 pm  #21

Not stirring the RE pot BUT, he had a winning program going, we are in DAP/NÉE mode with little hope in sight.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/02/2016 9:09 pm  #22

Am I the only one that knew Econ was being sarcastic. Making fun of Jims constant remarks

3/02/2016 9:11 pm  #23

I'm tuned out, but will be watching our ladies!!!! Total collapse makes it more likely Ferry will be coaching for his job next year. The media ignores Duquesne, but they'll begin to take some shots at him now, which can only help.

3/02/2016 9:12 pm  #24

Have a better record than last year so they'll probably be raising ticket prices again.

3/02/2016 9:16 pm  #25

currentstudent wrote:

For those of you who are worried about what the dukes will be like with mason and dc....rest easy. 
Although mason's offensive talent is incredible these two just killed us with multiple turnovers, terrible close outs, and even worse distributing. 
Next years roster will produce a more balance team...I hope. 

Actually, you are right, not really Micah and Coulters fault.  Ferry did this.  Didn't set up a proper rotation off the bench (doesn't know how, really) Ferry didn't establish a real point guard to set plays and feed to the 2 scoring guards. Ferry didn't use the bigs on this team ( that should have been the center of scoring on this team)  Just because Micah and Derrick played 40 minutes every game was because Ferry really doesn't have a clue how to  coach let alone get to the "next level".  At this point Ron would be the next level. IRONICALLY, Ferry is being paid way more than Ron??  I guess the next level meant "in cost" not performance?  Go figure? 

Board footera