Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2016 7:18 am  #1

FGCU Coach Joe Dooley in running for St Louis Job

Made NCAA, plays brutal defense and pounds ball inside for most of scoring, just what kills Dukes....

A diehard fan since 1961

3/24/2016 7:35 am  #2

Re: FGCU Coach Joe Dooley in running for St Louis Job

The Stony Brook coach took the Rutgers job. Wonder if Ferry would want that one.

3/24/2016 9:33 am  #3

If Herb Sendek is out of the Pitt search what a great hire next year 1) If he is available thanks to his Sundevil  buyout contract. 2) if Ferry & his staff continue to struggle 3) Is the new President & AD willing to buyout the remaining two years thanks to the widow clause in his contract.

3/24/2016 9:56 am  #4

Ironduke81, just a question. I think you and I agree that we need a next-level coach who can take us from being CBI quality to being an NCAA/NIT quality team every year. To lift us out of the bottom four of the A-10. To play fewer than 40 games in order to win 20. Has Sendek kind of "cooled off" as a "hot candidate" the past couple of years? I haven't been following the coaching world lately (my disappointment in the state of DU hopes has really caused my interest in college hoops to wane), but I seldom hear his name anymore.

3/24/2016 10:18 am  #5

Sendek would be a disaster. Danny Nee part 2. Please kill me if they hire that underperforming retread.

3/24/2016 10:21 am  #6

Ironduke81 wrote:

If Herb Sendek is out of the Pitt search what a great hire next year 1) If he is available thanks to his Sundevil buyout contract. 2) if Ferry & his staff continue to struggle 3) Is the new President & AD willing to buyout the remaining two years thanks to the widow clause in his contract.

. Sendek was fired a year ago. Bobby Hurley is the coach there.

Last edited by duq81 (3/24/2016 10:22 am)

3/24/2016 9:36 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

Sendek would be a disaster. Danny Nee part 2. Please kill me if they hire that underperforming retread.

Really? My expert friend. Fact Sendeck a Pittsburgh guy. Do we need anymore New Yorkers at Duquesne enough! CMU grad high IQ unlike the majority of most coaches. Well connected & respected. Would get recruits from power conferences who want their recruits in a lower mid-major rather then conference competitor. Read his book on coaching & student athletes this guy is very bright. His coaching career outstanding. From the MAC to ACC sweet 16 not good enough for the Wolfpack fan base Hello NC & Duke. Yes Ariz St not good but problem with the AD & Sendek. Imagine that!  Unfortunately Duquesne could never get a sniff unless Sendek wants to go back to Pittsburgh. Another Danny Née please. From the guy who wanted Ron gone not next level coach. Ferry the next savior at Duquesne now you turn on this guy typical. Please stand for something it's becoming boorish as to your turning on coach Ferry. This board is for debate and comments your response to my post sickens the spirit of this board.

3/24/2016 10:27 pm  #8

Scott Edgar was a Pittsburgh guy. The most disastrous coach we've had. Typical Yinzer nonsense. Sounds like the Pitt board. Always crying for local yokels. I don't care if the next coach comes from Boston, or Seattle, as long as they can do the job. Chuck Noll came from freakin Cleveland. No one cares about that stuff. I might be able to see it if Pittsburgh was loaded with talent, and a local guy had connections. Pittsburgh's a talent wasteland, which is the biggest reason why we struggle. Sendek's record is as pedestrian as it gets. Under .500 in league play at both of his last two jobs. A winning percentage in league play under .450 at his last 2 jobs. Compare that to Jamie Dixon, who was encouraged to leave, despite a winning percentage of .638 in league play. Sendek's record is very similar to Danny Nee's before he came here. Nee was .431 in league play, to Sendek's .445. Double digit losses in each of his last 19 seasons as a head coach. No thanks! I'd rather have Dino Gaudio, and you know how I feel about that.

By the way, I never ever called for Ron to be fired. I though it was way too quick. That said, If Ron was still here, and 16-18 wins was what we were getting, yeah, I'd be on the "Ron must go" bandwagon by now, and so would many of the folks who were pissed that he was let go. We hadn't reached that point 4 years ago.

3/25/2016 8:18 am  #9

duq81 wrote:

Scott Edgar was a Pittsburgh guy. The most disastrous coach we've had. Typical Yinzer nonsense. Sounds like the Pitt board. Always crying for local yokels. I don't care if the next coach comes from Boston, or Seattle, as long as they can do the job. Chuck Noll came from freakin Cleveland. No one cares about that stuff. I might be able to see it if Pittsburgh was loaded with talent, and a local guy had connections. Pittsburgh's a talent wasteland, which is the biggest reason why we struggle. Sendek's record is as pedestrian as it gets. Under .500 in league play at both of his last two jobs. A winning percentage in league play under .450 at his last 2 jobs. Compare that to Jamie Dixon, who was encouraged to leave, despite a winning percentage of .638 in league play. Sendek's record is very similar to Danny Nee's before he came here. Nee was .431 in league play, to Sendek's .445. Double digit losses in each of his last 19 seasons as a head coach. No thanks! I'd rather have Dino Gaudio, and you know how I feel about that.

By the way, I never ever called for Ron to be fired. I though it was way too quick. That said, If Ron was still here, and 16-18 wins was what we were getting, yeah, I'd be on the "Ron must go" bandwagon by now, and so would many of the folks who were pissed that he was let go. We hadn't reached that point 4 years ago.

I think you did jumped on the bandwagon many times sorry Jim ferry may not be the guy. Early stage of Alzheimer's perhaps.

3/25/2016 8:31 am  #10

Ironduke81 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I think you did jumped on the bandwagon many times sorry Jim ferry may not be the guy. Early stage of Alzheimer's perhaps.

Total nonsense! You can go back through every post I made when Ron was here, and you will not find a single one where I called for Ron's head, not one.

3/25/2016 8:38 pm  #11

Check 12/01/12 9:32AM "As CLK said, there are many who are angry at GA. Some didn't like the FACT that he fired Ron at all. "I'm not one of them"  dear Booooo my search took me 15 seconds to find your trashing of RE. SORRY I have more important things to do then show every quote disparaging Ron. You must be a Ted Cruz fan LYING DUQ81. Like most of the weasels at Duquesne who back stabbed Ron stand up and defend your position. You have no credibility my friend.

3/27/2016 5:10 am  #12

One of the coaches fired recently was Billy Donlon from WRIGHT STATE - they were 22-13 this year.  In the last FOUR YEARS his teams won 20 games THREE times -  He was an Assistant There before becoming the Head Coach - so they probably had a pretty good idea what they were getting. He was the Head Coach for six years. Makes me wonder a little about the stability in College Basketball.  

3/27/2016 8:15 am  #13

At least we have a proven winner here Al. 50-75 in four seasons. We're much better off than we used to be.

3/27/2016 9:22 am  #14

ElDuque wrote:

At least we have a proven winner here Al. 50-75 in four seasons. We're much better off than we used to be.

And we are building a program from ground zero.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/27/2016 9:23 am)

Board footera