Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2016 12:44 am  #1

Ron Everhart shows interest in the Pitt men's basketball coaching job

3/25/2016 6:40 am  #2

Re: Ron Everhart shows interest in the Pitt men's basketball coaching job

I see this as more them getting an expert's take on the situation, from someone familiar with Pitt. They then gave us an update on what Ron's been doing. Of course he'd be interested in the job, even though he knows he has no chance. I liked the article though.

3/25/2016 10:12 am  #3

Thanks, godukes. Nice article. I hope Ron gets another shot as a head coach. It sounds like he has learned a lot about some of the issues that bit him in the ass on the Bluff.

3/26/2016 10:39 pm  #4

Apparently, Pitt's new AD wants to hire Kevin Stallings to replace Dixon. The lynch party is forming as we speak. I think between Pitt, and Duquesne, it must be some sort of record for most combined idiots hired as AD's in a row. Between the two schools, I don't think there has been a decent AD since Cas Myslinski. Please Harper, break this curse.

3/27/2016 8:13 am  #5

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thanks, godukes. Nice article. I hope Ron gets another shot as a head coach. It sounds like he has learned a lot about some of the issues that bit him in the ass on the Bluff.

Biggest arse bite on the Bluff for Ron was Amodio. Followed by disloyal assistants, and a small but vocal minority that has since continued to trash him.

Perfect coach? No. Did he win here? Yes.

Not as good as "the proven winner" we have now?

Well, despite the two NCAA appearances, the proven winner has three winning seasons in 14 years of coaching at this level, and a .472 career winning percentage.

These are the new high standards of proven winning on the Bluff.

We really have hit rock bottom.

3/27/2016 12:04 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Biggest arse bite on the Bluff for Ron was Amodio. Followed by disloyal assistants, and a small but vocal minority that has since continued to trash him.

Perfect coach? No. Did he win here? Yes.

Not as good as "the proven winner" we have now?

Well, despite the two NCAA appearances, the proven winner has three winning seasons in 14 years of coaching at this level, and a .472 career winning percentage.

These are the new high standards of proven winning on the Bluff.

We really have hit rock bottom.

GA thought he could bring in his boy Dino. When that failed, he looked for the safe hire in Dambrot. He then discovered that no one was beating his door down for the job. Other coaches notice how you run your program. If Ron is kept on, and the rebuild fails, coaches then would have seen his firing as justified. The way it went down, no coach was in a hurry to come here. Pitt has learned the same lesson. Why would you go to a school that basically pushed Jamie Dixon out the door? They end up with a guy who was going to be fired. This is called doing it "the Pittsburgh way"!

Board footera