Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2013 8:47 pm  #1

Dukes win comfortably at VCU

I am not sure if this was the final but it 73-51 when my games stats froze with 20 seconds left.   No Jocelyn Floyd again, but they didn't need her.   Belma Nurkic high scorer with 18 points by going 6 for 8 from the three point line.   They are now 4-0 in the A10.

1/23/2013 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Dukes win comfortably at VCU

Fordham won by 7 at Xavier to go 4-0 also.  They had an easier time at Xavier than we did.  The Dukes can't afford to look past Fordham they are  4-0 with a nice win at Charlotte.   Every win is important to say the least.

Last edited by duqkurt (1/23/2013 10:00 pm)

1/24/2013 5:08 pm  #3

Hope Jocelyn can play vs Fordham.  I think the team is starting to play up to its capabilities, and hitting some shots, that is huge.  The defense is very strong, if the offense continues to improve; this can be a special year for the ladies.

1/24/2013 7:14 pm  #4

levon1975 wrote:

Hope Jocelyn can play vs Fordham.  I think the team is starting to play up to its capabilities, and hitting some shots, that is huge.  The defense is very strong, if the offense continues to improve; this can be a special year for the ladies.

I hope you are right.  Rogabee has said it very well all along. They need to win all home A10 games and they might be able to lose only two road games and have a good tournament showing to get in. 

I believe that the A10 will get two bids. And Dayton, Joes and us fighting for those spots. Killer is the fact that the A10 tournament (except final game)is being hosted by Joes.  One could easily envision a #2 vs #3 seed matchup of DU and the Joes in the A10 tournament with the committee giving the winning school a bid. With Dayton as the projected A10 winner getting the other bid. I'm am rooting for St. Joe losses in A10 games to have then play Dayton at home.  

That is far down the line though. 

Board footera