Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2016 11:46 am  #1

Dukes European tour

Can anyone provide some information on the Dukes' upcoming European tour and will game results, player experiences and places visited be posted on the website?

7/12/2016 5:31 pm  #2

Re: Dukes European tour

Once the trip itinerary is finalized, it will be released by the Sports Information Department! Watch goduquesne.com (and social media) for more details in the coming weeks. Thanks!

7/27/2016 9:50 am  #3

I was under the impression the trip would begin July 26.  Has the team gone over to and assembled in Europe?   

7/27/2016 11:18 am  #4

sperlman wrote:

I was under the impression the trip would begin July 26.  Has the team gone over to and assembled in Europe?   

Last evening I spoke to Kadri-Ann Lass after watching 2 semi-final women's pro-am summer basketball league games at the Market House in the South Side.  I asked her about the upcoming European tour.  Here's my recollection of what she told me.  Coach Burt had been in Europe and was returning to Pgh. this week.  In fact, he may already be back as I write this.  The Dukes' players who played for their national teams in Europe will be returning to Pgh. this week as well.  I believe that the team will depart for the tour on August 4th.  The plane will land in Paris early in the morning and will allow the players to see some of the beautiful sites of Paris since their connecting flight doesn't depart until later that evening.  The tour will last 10 days, and the Dukes will have four games of which two will be played in Hungary.  Kari-Ann was very much looking forward to the tour. 

Several days ago Melissa Franko, Director of Basketball Operations, posted on this forum that the Duquesne Athletics website would have an announcement about the European Tour once all the details of the trip were finalized. 

7/29/2016 8:51 pm  #5

The itinerary of the Dukes' women's European basketball tour has been announced: http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/072916aad.html.  This should be a very exciting amd memorable journey for both the American  and Canadian players who probably never have been to Europe before and the players from European countries who will get to play in front of their families and friends in the countries of their birth. 

Last edited by godukes1970 (7/30/2016 4:05 pm)

7/30/2016 8:50 am  #6

Wonderful news!  I hope the Dukes' Facebook team will be actively capturing the team's experience with frequent photos and perhaps a few video clips.  This is the kind of stuff that can help bring more prospective fans on-board; not to mention potential recruits.  Thanks. 

7/30/2016 3:05 pm  #7

No one does social media like Duquesne WBB.

No one.

Board footera