Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2016 5:36 pm  #1

Dukes' LB Christian Kuntz: 1st Team Pre-season All-American & Army

The awards keep coming for senior linebacker Christian Kuntz as he is named first team pre-season NCAA FCS All-American by Athlon Sports and Football Gameplan as well as being voted to the pre-season all-NEC football team by the conference's coaches.   http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/10791373-74/kuntz-duquesne-season

On another note, I had previously posted that Duquesne was in discussion with Army, an NCAA FBS team, for a future football game to be played at West Point.  I have recently found out that Army is no longer interested in playing the Dukes.  This would have been a money game for the Dukes.  As you know, the FBS home team in a money game offers a significant payment to the FCS visiting team as an incentive to travel and likely take a loss at the hands of the home team.  On closer inspection of the talent and success that the Dukes have had, I think that Army believed that the chances of beating the Dukes is not worth the risk of making them a money game opponent and withdrew from the discussions.  

My God does Army's football team need wins!  Army's football program has been going through some very rough years when it comes to wins.  They lost their home opener to Fordham in 2015 by a score of 35-37.  Their record for the past five seasons has been woeful: 2015 (2-10), 2014 (4-8), 2013 (3-9), 2012 (2-10), and 2011 (3-9). 

But the Dukes' search goes on for a future money game(s) with another FBS opponent(s).  Now that Michigan bought its way out of a home & home series with Arkansas in 2018 and 2019 so that it can play Notre Dame (http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/07/michigan_notre_dame_1.html), perhaps the Dukes can fill in that home date at Fayetteville, AR for a bigger money game.

Last edited by godukes1970 (7/23/2016 7:29 pm)

Board footera