Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2016 9:23 pm  #26

Re: 4 star recruit to visit on 9/15

Do you think the goal is to land both Darius Banks AND Ngalakulondi, or do you think they will be content with one, and then try to land a big man?

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

9/15/2016 9:49 pm  #27

Simms wrote:

Do you think the goal is to land both Darius Banks AND Ngalakulondi, or do you think they will be content with one, and then try to land a big man?

I think JF wants both.  Banks as a primary SG and Ngalakulondi as as primary SF.  They would still have one more for a big.  Maybe to Strong as a PF.  Total speculation on my part.  Although I have not yet seen anything that confirms that Banks is actually on official visit now.

9/16/2016 5:48 am  #28

He did a good job of landing the PG first. Layering in two scoring options, if successful, would let Ferry focus on a big who's better skilled at rebounding and defense, vs. one who wants to score.

If he gets these three guys lined up, I wouldn't mind a big who has a combination of girth and height (maybe 6-7/6-8 and 250-275 pounds). Our other young bigs are leaner and more the floor runner type. Of course, if we could land another Lewis type that would be ideal. Darius has been all kinds of solid for us.

I appreciate the scouting reports because I have no clue what's out there and I'm always skeptical of highlight reels. Just want the best kids we can get, and to see them develop.

9/16/2016 8:33 am  #29

Ditto, it seems the recruiting is active and with higher quality prospects.

Hats off to a hard working staff and AD Department putting the good face on Duquesne.....

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera