Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2016 1:16 pm  #1

With good news...comes bad news.

Tarin Smith has been seen around campus with crunches with an apparent left knee injury. The left leg seems to be wrapped up without a brace and he does not look like he is applying any pressure to it. Injury must have taken place over the weekend. 

Roll Dukes Roll

9/20/2016 3:38 pm  #2

Re: With good news...comes bad news.

Kiss my a**! We really are cursed.

9/20/2016 7:30 pm  #3

Next man up.

No excuses.

9/21/2016 7:39 am  #4

Based solely upon looking at his Twitter, he hasn't  put anything out there since the mentioned date range that would suggest he will be out or is even in bad spirits, so fingers crossed

9/21/2016 8:22 am  #5

Gee whiz, two players I was looking forward to see were T. Smith and I. Mike.  I hope this is nothing catastrophic for Tarin.  If it is under a 6 week recovery I suspect he'd be ready to go in November, but I have no clue.  If anyone can find out what the real deal is from the Athletic Department that would be much appreciated. 

9/21/2016 8:31 am  #6

PistolPete wrote:

Gee whiz, two players I was looking forward to see were T. Smith and I. Mike.  I hope this is nothing catastrophic for Tarin.  If it is under a 6 week recovery I suspect he'd be ready to go in November, but I have no clue.  If anyone can find out what the real deal is from the Athletic Department that would be much appreciated. 

Yeah, there are some posters who are "in" with Coach Ferry who could enlighten us. Not putting them on the spot, just saying Pete. Like you I hope we hear something soon. If someone wants to send me a private message I'll post the info.

9/22/2016 5:23 pm  #7

Brian Batko
Duquesne guard Tarin Smith had left knee scope Monday, will miss about 4 weeks, per source. Already off crutches, should be ready for season

Last edited by CLK (9/22/2016 5:23 pm)

9/22/2016 6:29 pm  #8

Thanks CLK!

9/22/2016 8:12 pm  #9

Brian Batko can thank me. I tweeted a question to him about Smith and he didn't know anything about it. Credit to currentstudent for the scoop.

9/22/2016 9:04 pm  #10

Thanks for the intel - good work current student!  Now let's lock up a big man recruit!!!!!

9/22/2016 9:05 pm  #11

And thanks to El D of course.

9/24/2016 8:17 am  #12

Off crutches...seems to be a lot less serious. 

Roll Dukes Roll

Board footera