Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2016 7:58 am  #1

St. Francis

We've got SFU tomorrow night and then canisius before taking on Kentucky. Hopefully we can can win these next two and grow a little bit as a team, and then take our beating against that NBA team in Lexington.

11/15/2016 1:13 pm  #2

Re: St. Francis

Neither of these games will be easy to win.  Based upon my observation of the last two games,  this team would need to take some significant steps forward to win either of these two games.  I haven't seen the sense of urgency needed to win at this level.  They don't seem to be willing to make the physical and mental sacrifices needed.  SFU as always will come at them hard knowing they lack experience, and if they don't match that intensity they will be embarrassed.

11/15/2016 1:28 pm  #3

levon1975 wrote:

Neither of these games will be easy to win.  Based upon my observation of the last two games,  this team would need to take some significant steps forward to win either of these two games.  I haven't seen the sense of urgency needed to win at this level.  They don't seem to be willing to make the physical and mental sacrifices needed.  SFU as always will come at them hard knowing they lack experience, and if they don't match that intensity they will be embarrassed.

Just like 2 years ago at the Palumbo, a 67-52 loss to the Red Flash. SFU was 9-17 from the 3 against the Bonnies. They could surpass that against Ferry's pack line defensive scheme, which will give up some really open looks.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (11/15/2016 1:31 pm)

11/15/2016 3:09 pm  #4

What was the final in the SFU v SBU game?

11/15/2016 3:31 pm  #5

levon1975 wrote:

What was the final in the SFU v SBU game?

Bonnies won by like ten. They will both be difficult games, but they are both teams that will not have the talent that the Dukes do. It's time to start showing some growth as a team.

11/15/2016 4:17 pm  #6

Canisius led KY 33-31 with  3 mins and 15 sec left in the first half at KY.   Canisius eventually lost 93-69.
After Canisius, we play KY on the road.
Ferry better know what he is doing otherwise we could be looking at a 4 game losing streak going into the UT Martin game.

11/15/2016 5:44 pm  #7

Any and all games will be tough for this team, it's not so much about who the opponents are, but who the Dukes are at this juncture.  There is not much in the way of upperclassman to lay it out for the newbies.  I don't think they realize how tough you need to be as a team to win games at this level.

11/15/2016 10:54 pm  #8

7pm tip on Wednesday. Per KenPom:
Dukes #177 at Saint Francis University #323
SFU projected to finish 7th of 10 in the NEC
Game prediction: Dukes by 14, 83-69 - Dukes with 88% probability of a win.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (11/16/2016 6:40 am)

11/16/2016 9:21 am  #9

Does anyone remember us playing this many games in such a short amount of time in past seasons? 5 games in 10 days by my count.

11/16/2016 7:23 pm  #10

Tell me we're not really this bad!

11/16/2016 7:36 pm  #11

We're not really this bad.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/16/2016 7:40 pm  #12

Simms wrote:

We're not really this bad.

Thanks.

11/16/2016 7:47 pm  #13

Well, Castro has clearly taken the team on his shoulders.  Makes me feel good for him, and I'll gladly eat a ton of crow if he performs like this.  

Also, is it weird to anyone else that Ray keeps getting the names wrong while Jarret corrects him constantly?  Usually it's the other way around.  

11/16/2016 7:50 pm  #14

Positives: Castro and smith were tremendous in the first half. If they play like this, we will win some games this year.

Negatives: the freshmen played like freshmen. Turnover after turnover. However, that slam by I. Mike is a glimpse of why he could be an NBA talent sometime down the road.

Good comeback. Let's keep it going.

11/16/2016 7:56 pm  #15

Simms wrote:

Well, Castro has clearly taken the team on his shoulders.  Makes me feel good for him, and I'll gladly eat a ton of crow if he performs like this.  

Also, is it weird to anyone else that Ray keeps getting the names wrong while Jarret corrects him constantly?  Usually it's the other way around.  

I noticed that! I believe he called I. Mike "mike McGhee" at one point

11/16/2016 7:58 pm  #16

I think we just saw what a confident Castro looks like. You don't get mass Gatorade player of the year for being a slouch. Hope he can continue. Tarin looks great too. Nakye is our best big this year so far he's a beast.

Started attacking the basket and letting d Lewis be a part a part of the offense and look what happens. This team can finish at the rim and get fouls all day, they are so athletic. There is just such a lack of confidence throughout the team. I've been down by our attacking basket all half and yelling to take it to the rim and play inside all half. Starting to freaking happen finally. Obviously not taking credit but happy to see and fun basketball to watch.

Last edited by Duques102 (11/16/2016 7:58 pm)

11/16/2016 8:23 pm  #17

So what's gotten into Castro tonight, huh?

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/16/2016 8:27 pm  #18

These officials are stealing the game away.

11/16/2016 8:32 pm  #19

Invisible fouls are keeping this game close.

11/16/2016 8:46 pm  #20

Man.  Lots of players looked good tonight.  Smith looked awesome.  Mike looked great.  Castro, best game ever.  Sanders just provides some serious movement for a big man.  

11/16/2016 8:47 pm  #21

Like predicted it looks like this team is way more well rounded with each night having other members go off. 
Where was mike lewis tonight?
When will Josh Steel come back?
No mins for JRob?

Looks like we aren't as good at rebounding as we were last year and of course can still use work on defense but I do feel like this team will get better over time. 

Roll Dukes Roll

11/16/2016 8:48 pm  #22

Oh also Spenser littleton, even though he didn't pop off tonight, will be a great duquesne duke. 

Roll Dukes Roll

11/16/2016 8:56 pm  #23

Wow fantastic effort tonight. Castro, smith, mike, and sanders were all great. Also, it wasn't in the recruiting profiles, but littleson is a really solid defender.

11/16/2016 8:56 pm  #24

Littleson is very athletic.
Tarin looks like we hoped he would.
Sanders has improved immensely.
We hope the real Castro was the one in there tonight.

Could be decent season after all

11/16/2016 9:01 pm  #25

Wow, Rene Castro reminded me of Jeep Kelly as he shifted gears on drives to the basket and hit flat footed three's ( B B style) all that was missing was Jeeps sound effects as Castro changed speeds, circle dribbled and TOOK THE GAME OVER, great comeback from an awful first 15 min for the Dukes.

After watching these guys click, I think I know why they are getting the playing time while others sit.

Also, Saunders is really coming along.......

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera