Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2016 9:06 pm  #26

Re: St. Francis

so what's the deal with robinson? do we have to sign a petition for ferry? does he not deserve playing time? i do not get it.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/16/2016 9:12 pm  #27

Guys, guys, I met someone tonight. His name was summer league Rene Castro, and he's wonderful.

Smith played awesome, Mike played awesome. Sanders blew me away with his ball handling and finishing ability, really helped to facilitate the offense. We started dominating inside and that opened up good looks from outside in the second. Isaiah Mike is the best freshman I've ever seen at Duquesne.

11/16/2016 9:16 pm  #28

Duques102 wrote:

Guys, guys, I met someone tonight. His name was summer league Rene Castro, and he's wonderful.

Smith played awesome, Mike played awesome. Sanders blew me away with his ball handling and finishing ability, really helped to facilitate the offense. We started dominating inside and that opened up good looks from outside in the second. Isaiah Mike is the best freshman I've ever seen at Duquesne.

I don't know, TJ was pretty awesome his freshmen year. TJ had a lot of help on that team, though. However, Mike has the highest ceiling of any Duquesne player that I have personally witnessed.

11/16/2016 9:18 pm  #29

yak-rbc wrote:

so what's the deal with robinson? do we have to sign a petition for ferry? does he not deserve playing time? i do not get it.

In the post game interview Ferry said they could go big and play JRob and Darius together.

11/16/2016 9:21 pm  #30

WashPaRick wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

In the post game interview Ferry said they could go big and play JRob and Darius together.

He'll be there when the A10 come around.

11/16/2016 9:24 pm  #31

Dukes2012 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

I don't know, TJ was pretty awesome his freshmen year. TJ had a lot of help on that team, though. However, Mike has the highest ceiling of any Duquesne player that I have personally witnessed.

I was a freshman when TJ was a freshman. I went to almost all the home games and saw us smoke that highly ranked temple team. Tj was a super smart basketball player. Mike is so so so much more talented.

11/16/2016 9:31 pm  #32

I saw it from the 10 minute or so mark in the first half and we were down by 10.  My perspective, better D and then Castro went nuts.  Best game by RC since he's been a Duke.  Castro, Smith, IMike, Sanders all were the stars of this game.  Littleson is poise and heady with some size and ability.  MLewis will be fine.  Darius missed at least 5 shots within 3 feet, not a good game for him, he has to finish half of those.  JRob no minutes, but with a smaller line-up I don't know......EJames, I can't figure it out where he fits - maybe Ferry can't as well.  E. Blackman, he can give you some things and if his game is on it helps, but if not we have the depth.  Bottom line, once again, there is talent here.........mold it Jimmy!!  By the way, last year with a "experienced line-up" we beat them last year at their place by 2 on a last second jumper.  Now I know they have several new players, but we do to.  My point is this team has much more talent top to bottom.

11/16/2016 9:45 pm  #33

PistolPete wrote:

I saw it from the 10 minute or so mark in the first half and we were down by 10.  My perspective, better D and then Castro went nuts.  Best game by RC since he's been a Duke.  Castro, Smith, IMike, Sanders all were the stars of this game.  Littleson is poise and heady with some size and ability.  MLewis will be fine.  Darius missed at least 5 shots within 3 feet, not a good game for him, he has to finish half of those.  JRob no minutes, but with a smaller line-up I don't know......EJames, I can't figure it out where he fits - maybe Ferry can't as well.  E. Blackman, he can give you some things and if his game is on it helps, but if not we have the depth.  Bottom line, once again, there is talent here.........mold it Jimmy!!  By the way, last year with a "experienced line-up" we beat them last year at their place by 2 on a last second jumper.  Now I know they have several new players, but we do to.  My point is this team has much more talent top to bottom.

Here here. The talent is there. The confidence is the biggest issue with this team. Probably reflective of the inexperience

Last edited by Duques102 (11/16/2016 9:50 pm)

11/16/2016 9:55 pm  #34

Most important play of the game was Ferry starting the five in the second half who finished the first half and were the five that brought them back from the 10 point deficit.  I criticize him when he deserves it.  He is to be given an "atta boy" for his job tonight. Castro, Smith, Sanders, Mike and Littleson were very good to spectacular, in no particular order, tonight.

11/16/2016 10:00 pm  #35

The Dukes played a nice game (in the second half) but it was not a proper St F beating without the traditional "Back to the woods" chant during the last five minutes of this game. Boy, I used to chant until horse or until Mossey stopped.

11/16/2016 10:16 pm  #36

apluski wrote:

The Dukes played a nice game (in the second half) but it was not a proper St F beating without the traditional "Back to the woods" chant during the last five minutes of this game. Boy, I used to chant until horse or until Mossey stopped.

St. Francis was a decent program back then. Today, they're so low level that no one really cares much about them.

11/16/2016 10:22 pm  #37

duq81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

St. Francis was a decent program back then. Today, they're so low level that no one really cares much about them.

They had some good ones, Porter and some Pgh. City League players who were stars when the city was putting guys in the NBA and on Top D-1 teams.

This has always been a big game for the Frankie's , not so big for Duquesne.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/16/2016 10:43 pm  #38

Duques102 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

Necessarily so, at that level of play. So why not get the guy in there now to go to to work, in preparation? 

11/16/2016 11:26 pm  #39

applecorps wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Necessarily so, at that level of play. So why not get the guy in there now to go to to work, in preparation? 

Hey, not agreeing with the philosophy. I think he should be in there. I agree with everyone else he makes a big impact when he plays, don't understand why he isn't. I just really think he'll be there when we need size.

11/17/2016 1:14 am  #40

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

They had some good ones, Porter and some Pgh. City League players who were stars when the city was putting guys in the NBA and on Top D-1 teams.

They had a pair of players better than that. You might remember Maurice Stokes, and Norm Van Lier.

11/17/2016 7:17 am  #41

So, Smith and Castro not so bad after all? A bulked up Sanders controlling the front court? Bigs getting limited minutes? Grad transfers turning out to be meh (granted one is busted up)?

Where have I heard this before? Oh, yeah, it's the stuff for which I get criticized. 

Oh yeah, here is the real take-away from last night: why is EJ not getting more minutes?

11/17/2016 7:45 am  #42

duq81 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

They had a pair of players better than that. You might remember Maurice Stokes, and Norm Van Lier.

That goes way back, I saw Norm Van Lier play, only read about Mo Stokes but his battles with Dick Ricketts were legendary.

Man that Mike kid looked good last night.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/17/2016 9:53 am  #43

Duques102 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

WI don't know, TJ was pretty awesome his freshmen year. TJ had a lot of help on that team, though. However, Mike has the highest ceiling of any Duquesne player that I have personally witnessed.

I was a freshman when TJ was a freshman. I went to almost all the home games and saw us smoke that highly ranked temple team. Tj was a super smart basketball player. Mike is so so so much more talented.

TJ was suspended and didn't play in the rout of Temple.

11/17/2016 10:45 am  #44

levon1975 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

WI don't know, TJ was pretty awesome his freshmen year. TJ had a lot of help on that team, though. However, Mike has the highest ceiling of any Duquesne player that I have personally witnessed.

I'm aware, I just threw in that tidbit because that was the highlight of that season for me.

11/17/2016 4:59 pm  #45

maybe I missed it in this thread or another, but I. Mikes on hand throw down alley oops from T. Smith was on sportscaster top 10, and no one is talking about it? How often do we get one of those...

11/17/2016 5:05 pm  #46

heelsdukesfan wrote:

maybe I missed it in this thread or another, but I. Mikes on hand throw down alley oops from T. Smith was on sportscaster top 10, and no one is talking about it? How often do we get one of those...

No too often. I know Ovie soko had the number 1 play on SC and also had another top 10 play.

11/17/2016 5:13 pm  #47

Duques102 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

I'm aware, I just threw in that tidbit because that was the highlight of that season for me.

TJ certainly was very good his Freshman season, but Mike at 6'8" and fluid, has a chance to be more impactful over his entire career in my opinion.  We have just seen a glimpse of what he can do in a few games, and I'm sure there will be growing pains, but once he gets a feel for D-1 basketball, he should have quite an impact on games.

11/17/2016 5:15 pm  #48

Ovie was on for the dunk from DC, and I believe DC made it for his game-winning full court charge against SBU at Palumbo a few years ago.

11/17/2016 5:23 pm  #49

levon1975 wrote:

Ovie was on for the dunk from DC, and I believe DC made it for his game-winning full court charge against SBU at Palumbo a few years ago.

Correct and correct where did that come from though.

11/18/2016 6:26 am  #50

Any links to the top ten so I can watch it?

Board footera