Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2017 10:43 am  #351

3/21/2017 10:44 am  #352

Re: New coach thread

Comforting to know: Amodio is apparently backing off any intended pursuit of our guy:http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20170320/quinnipiac-getting-closer-to-hiring-next-mens-basketball-coach.

Tell me if anyone else gets a chuckle out of some of the names on the list.

3/21/2017 10:49 am  #353

There is a lot of promises being made,lots of money being talked about,maybe the lawyers on both sides
checking and double checking the fine print. Hopefully when the annoucement takes place everybody
at Duquesne is on the same page ,feeling comfortable about this hire.

3/21/2017 10:57 am  #354

We've waited 40 years ...what's a couple hours or even a day....

3/21/2017 11:01 am  #355

THis may be the last chance to get something right while being in the A10.  If that means dotting i's and crossing t's, thats fine.  Just get it done!  And like some mentioned above, open up the ticket office for season ticket sales.  

3/21/2017 11:05 am  #356

Top VCU  coaching candidates per one writer (spoiler alert does not include the King).  Let's bring the King to his Court to meet his Dukes!

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/3/21/14994514/vcu-coaching-search-candidates-mike-rhoades-jamion-christian-tom-crean-coaching-carousel-2017-rams

3/21/2017 11:18 am  #357

CLK wrote:

Top VCU  coaching candidates per one writer (spoiler alert does not include the King).  Let's bring the King to his Court to meet his Dukes!

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/3/21/14994514/vcu-coaching-search-candidates-mike-rhoades-jamion-christian-tom-crean-coaching-carousel-2017-rams

Did you mean to say that the article does include King Rice? Cause he's the 4th name listed

3/21/2017 11:20 am  #358

Is Rice the one who played for Binghamton High School?

3/21/2017 11:45 am  #359

yes, and then UNC Tar Heels.

3/21/2017 11:50 am  #360

Gary Parrish says VCU is in "advanced talks" with Mike Rhoades of Rice. Fortunate for us, as VCU continues to go back to Shaka assistants and keep the "HAVOC" brand intact.

Update: Now Parrish says it is a done deal

Last edited by Brian (3/21/2017 12:09 pm)

3/21/2017 12:20 pm  #361

VCU lost and hired a coach in like 18 hours.  Insane!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/21/2017 12:24 pm  #362

Don't worry, be happy.

3/21/2017 12:40 pm  #363

Cant care any less about VCU if we get our new King!  

That said, I cant help think of a Smiths song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leb_Bwk7NdE

Last edited by townsonkid (3/21/2017 12:44 pm)

3/21/2017 1:02 pm  #364

I feel like I'm going mentally insane.  I refresh Twitter every chance I get and check this board more often than I like to admit.  I just want the news to break that Rice is signed, sealed, and delivered.  

3/21/2017 1:02 pm  #365

For all we know, everything could be done and they just aren't going to tell the public until Friday or something. 

Roll Dukes Roll

3/21/2017 1:03 pm  #366

VCU will not hire King Rice, they have too many former assistants that have become good head coaches. Side note on Will Wade, at his first two head coaching spots, none of his recruits contributed to his success, he won with previous coaches players. Thus, to throw money at him like LSU did is insane, he may not be able to recruit. If King Rice is stalling, time to move to next candidate, Henderson, Becker Crean, M Rice or who ever it may be. Get a hungry, excitable coach that is chomping at the bit to tackle this building project.

3/21/2017 1:13 pm  #367

Jackdoc13 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Did you mean to say that the article does include King Rice? Cause he's the 4th name listed

Yes, typing in a hurry is not a good thing for me.  Moot now as it looks like they will hire  Mike Rhoades

3/21/2017 1:29 pm  #368

Wildwood13 wrote:

VCU will not hire King Rice, they have too many former assistants that have become good head coaches. Side note on Will Wade, at his first two head coaching spots, none of his recruits contributed to his success, he won with previous coaches players. Thus, to throw money at him like LSU did is insane, he may not be able to recruit. If King Rice is stalling, time to move to next candidate, Henderson, Becker Crean, M Rice or who ever it may be. Get a hungry, excitable coach that is chomping at the bit to tackle this building project.

From my understanding, everything is signed and completed.  There were small issues with the buyout at Monmouth, but is looks to be a done deal now.  I pray that they aren't going to wait until Friday.  I can barely wait another day.  

3/21/2017 1:37 pm  #369

I think that the word comes soon as everybody is in their car coming home from work.Oh the suspense

3/21/2017 1:39 pm  #370

stew wrote:

I think that the word comes soon as everybody is in their car coming home from work.Oh the suspense

What? You think it will be announced this evening?? Is that anything more than a guess?

Last edited by Duques102 (3/21/2017 1:40 pm)

3/21/2017 1:42 pm  #371

Simms wrote:

From my understanding, everything is signed and completed.  There were small issues with the buyout at Monmouth, but is looks to be a done deal now.  I pray that they aren't going to wait until Friday.  I can barely wait another day.  

You have this from source(s) in-the-know or just reading between the lines? Relatively new to the forum so apologies if you've answered similar questions before

3/21/2017 1:44 pm  #372

Jackdoc13 wrote:

Simms wrote:

You have this from source(s) in-the-know or just reading between the lines? Relatively new to the forum so apologies if you've answered similar questions before

I heard it from a source, but my sources are a bit iffy.  I'm sure that makes you feel great, eh?

3/21/2017 2:02 pm  #373

Simms wrote:

Jackdoc13 wrote:

Simms wrote:

I heard it from a source, but my sources are a bit iffy.  I'm sure that makes you feel great, eh?

At this point I'll take any positive news, iffy source or not. The fact that nothing has been announced kinda makes me feel the same as when I'm watching Ferry coach with a 10+ point lead in the second half. Just praying it doesn't slip away. Here's hoping this is the first proof that that feeling is gone for good

3/21/2017 2:20 pm  #374

Jeff Goodman

UMass has hired Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey, sources told ESPN. Heck of a move by athletic director Ryan Bamford.

Last edited by CLK (3/21/2017 2:21 pm)

3/21/2017 2:25 pm  #375

CLK wrote:

Jeff Goodman

UMass has hired Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey, sources told ESPN. Heck of a move by athletic director Ryan Bamford.

Interesting. I thought they wanted the guy from Florida Gulf Coast.

Board footera