Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2017 1:58 pm  #651

Re: New coach thread

That sounds about right; non journalists just pollute the market these days; and being first is more important than being accurate.

3/27/2017 2:12 pm  #652

They're tweeting now that the DU coaching search is driving up traffic on their site.

So much for Dejan's theory that no one cares.

In fact, since Ferry was fired, more than a dozen new posters have signed onto our board and several folks who have been away for quite a while have returned.

3/27/2017 2:22 pm  #653

ElDuque wrote:

They're tweeting now that the DU coaching search is driving up traffic on their site.

So much for Dejan's theory that no one cares.

In fact, since Ferry was fired, more than a dozen new posters have signed onto our board and several folks who have been away for quite a while have returned.

Right, as I stated in an earlier post on this thread when reflecting on the number of views it had received in a very short amount of time, if there is a reason to talk about Duquesne basketball there are tons of people, in different parts of the city, state region, and country looking to talk DU hoops.

Just ask El Duque, Texas, box and one, Phil in Florida, and all other alumni who are spread out and still following the program. Just hope there is still something to talk about when all of this settles down.

3/27/2017 2:28 pm  #654

Not to mention 40-50 "guests" every time I log on. Compared to 2-3 during Ferry's last season.

3/27/2017 3:02 pm  #655

levon1975 wrote:

Balls in his court meaning he is going back to Akron to leverage more money from them. It just gets old. That's why I would talk to assistant coaches. They aren't getting HC money from their school, and you are offering them something they can't get at their present school. A chance to be a HC.
Head Coaches will just play their little game of extortion.

If I were trying to get more $ from my employer, I wouldnt go interview at some junk, bottom of the barrel company with no clue how to do anything.  They wouldnt offer more money, they would tell me "good luck there", and close the door in my face.   

3/27/2017 3:26 pm  #656

Towson, I think the Pittsburgh media and social media are painting a far worse picture than what I believe to be the real situation to be at Duquesne.

3/27/2017 3:28 pm  #657

townsonkid wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

Balls in his court meaning he is going back to Akron to leverage more money from them. It just gets old. That's why I would talk to assistant coaches. They aren't getting HC money from their school, and you are offering them something they can't get at their present school. A chance to be a HC.
Head Coaches will just play their little game of extortion.

If I were trying to get more $ from my employer, I wouldnt go interview at some junk, bottom of the barrel company with no clue how to do anything.  They wouldnt offer more money, they would tell me "good luck there", and close the door in my face.   

The coaching game doesn't work that way. Any coaching position that pays more money, especially one in a better league, is a threat to take your coach. If you're coach is doing a good job, you don't want to lose him, thus, you may have to offer a raise to keep him. If the new job is a substantial upgrade. your coach is likely gone. Telling your coach to hit the road is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

3/27/2017 5:09 pm  #658

I wonder if Gormley might consider making call to the PG publisher.
 We have a bad MBB program, a 40 year fact, and the coaching
search is a challenge, also a fact, but the PG seem to equate these facts to academic fraud at
North Carolina or pedophilia at Penn State.
Disappointing.  

3/27/2017 5:28 pm  #659

A name that I'm surprised nobody brought up the past few weeks is Gerry McNamara. He was the big east player of the year at Syracuse and has been an assistant coach under boeheim since 2011. He would have a lot of recruiting experience in the region. I'm biased though because I saw him drop like 60 points on my high school in the state semifinals!

3/27/2017 5:47 pm  #660

3/27/2017 6:56 pm  #661

at least those 2 guys sound real and interested, and know some things, unlike the fish wrap PG.  7 years at $7m is a pretty good offer, years and $/yr.

3/29/2017 11:00 pm  #662

To the mods:

Can you move this thread now?  Thanks.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

Board footera