Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2017 6:50 pm  #51

Re: Keith Dambrot

I wonder if Harper is using Dambrot as a diversion as he pursues other
candidates.  He can feed Dambrot droppings to whoever does the leaking in the AD
while he continues his search in privacy.

3/27/2017 6:54 pm  #52

Econ69 wrote:

I wonder if Harper is using Dambrot as a diversion as he pursues other
candidates.  He can feed Dambrot droppings to whoever does the leaking in the AD
while he continues his search in privacy.

That's one way to deal with the leaks.

3/27/2017 6:59 pm  #53

They met, Dambrot was recruiting the Mikes and Sanders.

3/27/2017 7:04 pm  #54

For Akron?!?!  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/27/2017 7:08 pm  #55

Simms wrote:

For Akron?!?!  

That would be a solid, steel-toed, walking start with a hop kick to the tentacles.

3/27/2017 7:29 pm  #56

The question that I have is when does Harper pull the offer and walk away (and leak it so the world knows DU pulled the offer)?  Dambrot was suppose to make a decision today.  If he is operating in good faith he has had plenty of time to decide.   If he is intentionally using DU (like he did in 2012) to better his position at Akron time and is on his side, and he will string it out until he gets what he wants.  I would not give him one minute past 9:00 tonight. He if can't commit to DU and sign the contract or a Memorandum of Understanding (with a walk away penalty) by then Harper will know he has been played, if he hasn't figured it out already.  Harper needs to bring this to a conclusion.  

Last edited by CLK (3/27/2017 7:32 pm)

3/27/2017 7:38 pm  #57

CLK wrote:

The question that I have is when does Harper pull the offer and walk away (and leak it so the world knows DU pulled the offer)?  Dambrot was suppose to make a decision today.  If he is operating in good faith he has had plenty of time to decide.   If he is intentionally using DU (like he did in 2012) to better his position at Akron time and is on his side, and he will string it out until he gets what he wants.  I would not give him one minute past 9:00 tonight. He if can't commit to DU and sign the contract or a Memorandum of Understanding (with a walk away penalty) by then Harper will know he has been played, if he hasn't figured it out already.  Harper needs to bring this to a conclusion.  

Report is that Dambrot is our next coach.  Until he walks into the court at Palumbo, I don't believe it.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/27/2017 7:43 pm  #58

Simms wrote:

CLK wrote:

Report is that Dambrot is our next coach. Until he walks into the court at Palumbo, I don't believe it.

Glad to see Harper followed my advice and got it done before 9:00 :-)

Last edited by CLK (3/27/2017 7:43 pm)

3/27/2017 7:55 pm  #59

Jon Rothstein

Duquesne has hired Akron's Keith Dambrot as its next head basketball coach, per multiple sources.

Last edited by CLK (3/27/2017 7:55 pm)

3/27/2017 7:56 pm  #60

3/27/2017 8:05 pm  #61

3/27/2017 8:13 pm  #62

It's about time. Two amish men could have built a mall by now. Maybe he can keep some of the players and commits if he wants to.

3/27/2017 8:18 pm  #63

CLK wrote:

13 years and 11/13 trips to the MAC semis and a run between 07-13 of SEVEN straight MAC title game appearances. So consistent

3/27/2017 8:19 pm  #64

With only hand tools!

3/27/2017 8:20 pm  #65

Congrats.  Glad it's over.

3/27/2017 8:22 pm  #66

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

The turn around begins. Guess he can tell the Mikes he coached Lebron James and see if they still want to leave

3/27/2017 8:24 pm  #67

Who wants to bet he uses LeBron as a recruting tool as well as maybe a guest appearance at Palumbo to get fans in seats??? I sure would

Last edited by lilpav30 (3/27/2017 8:24 pm)

3/27/2017 8:25 pm  #68

lilpav30 wrote:

Who wants to bet he uses LeBron as a recruting tool as well as maybe a guest appearance at Palumbo to get fans in seats??? I sure would

Lebron in Palumbo would be ridiculous! We have a better coach than Pitt!

3/27/2017 8:33 pm  #69

Caution my friends. We've been down this path before.

3/27/2017 8:40 pm  #70

ElDuque wrote:

Caution my friends. We've been down this path before.

And a well worn path it is.....

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/27/2017 8:51 pm  #72

This is a great hire--alls well that ends well.

3/27/2017 8:57 pm  #73

3/27/2017 8:59 pm  #74

Andrew Force‏ =

Lebron's first HS coach, Keith Dambrot accepted job at Duquesne and immediately offered 2017 C Jack Ballantyne (MI).

Talk about hitting the ground running/
Prep Hoops Michigan‏ 

Congrats to 6'9 2017 Macomb Dakota PF Jack Ballantyne (@jackballantyne5) on his offer from Coach Keith Dambrot and Duquesne tonight!

Last edited by CLK (3/27/2017 9:01 pm)

3/27/2017 9:05 pm  #75

CLK wrote:

Andrew Force‏ =

Lebron's first HS coach, Keith Dambrot accepted job at Duquesne and immediately offered 2017 C Jack Ballantyne (MI).

Talk about hitting the ground running/

He got the secure lucrative job in a fringe major conference with a promise of major resource at his disposal, 7 million dollar retirement package. We got a guy who is a consummate winner, excellent recruiter, and connected in basketball circles that few in this country have access too.

Win win.

Board footera