Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2017 10:38 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - San Francisco Dons

Phildog wrote:

A heart stopper, for sure.
Lewis II-20
Williams,jr 15/8
Smith 10
Dukes 9-3 with 6 in a row

Let’s Go Dukes!

7 in a row.

12/22/2017 10:38 pm  #27

Most impressive stat like Ray and Jarrett said was Lewis with 20 points on 9 shots from the floor. Taylor and Williams also came up big late. Battlers like Durham said.

12/22/2017 10:38 pm  #28

Sgooooo Dukes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/22/2017 10:41 pm  #29

Seven in a row.  Let's make it an even eight tomorrow night against the Salukis.

Let's Go Duquesne!

12/22/2017 10:41 pm  #30

duq81 wrote:

I thought we were supposed to lose our next 4 games.

I guess that was a bad guess by the one who posted it.

We also had to endure some bad officiating to get to the winning post. In particular, (one of many), the foul-out of Brown was a disgraceful call in the last moments of the game, and gave SF a foul shot that never should have happened

12/22/2017 10:43 pm  #31

Dambrot is so knowledgeable and refreshing to listen to,

12/22/2017 10:44 pm  #32

Great game by squad. Not a big fan of chase brown but love how T. Smith is playing. Refs called the game way to close.

Defense is incredible and we have been playing great in crunch time. Offens looks awkward at some times

Roll Dukes Roll

12/22/2017 10:56 pm  #33

El Duque  I agree about the ratio but I totally credit Dons defense.  Coach would likely disagree but personally I give SF a lot of credit.

12/22/2017 11:02 pm  #34

About to watch the second game. Nevada is supposed to be pretty good.

12/22/2017 11:02 pm  #35

currentstudent wrote:

Great game by squad. Not a big fan of chase brown but love how T. Smith is playing. Refs called the game way to close.

Defense is incredible and we have been playing great in crunch time. Offens looks awkward at some times

Calling a game too close is one issue. Calling a foul in the closing moments of a game when there is actually no contact is what I called disgraceful. The FS2 announcers, one of whom covers the conference in which SF plays, noted that the call was wrong before they even saw the replay. 

Alright, to use the hated word: "whatever". The win was big, another step up for a program on track with a great coach and staff. 

Hoping JRob is OK.

12/22/2017 11:07 pm  #36

The big two come down in the stretch... LEWIS AND WILLIAMS JR BABY.. keep rolling dukes

12/22/2017 11:18 pm  #37

So happy for the guys who stayed with the program and decided not to leave Duquesne.Dukes play defense
and it is almost hard to believe the difference from last years team to this team. WOW. Dukes show toughness,poise against a pretty good SF team,tough shots  from LEWIS and you see the brillliance amd talent of Williams. When he develops his body ,wow.All the guys have shown marked improvement.Thanks again to all those players who decided to stay,you are an inspiration

12/22/2017 11:19 pm  #38

got to watch it at a sports bar down here in Houston with no sound.

Loved the defensive pressure. Man to man and in your face man to man.

They beat a pretty decent probably NIT caliber team. Man San Francisco is tall and quick.

When they let that lead whittle down, I said to wife, "If this was Jim Ferry's team, we would be heading to the car already!" This IS NOT Jim Ferry's team!

Amazing what a good coach can do for you in the last few minutes of a close game. 

I am celebrating with a special bottle of Rye, that my wife gave me on my birthday in July!  What a great game.!

Let's go Dukes!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/22/2017 11:23 pm  #39

Gonna be a tough one tomorrow night. The Salukis are good. Scottie Pippen's nephew is a handful down low. Hopefully Jordan is ok to go.

12/22/2017 11:27 pm  #40

Best win of the season IMHO.  Nice!!!

12/22/2017 11:44 pm  #41

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Loved the defensive pressure. Man to man and in your face man to man.

THIS!!!  This is the hallmark of KD.  You can always count on effort and D.

12/23/2017 12:03 am  #42

Notice the absence of certain posters during this streak?

12/23/2017 12:12 am  #43

I ended up picking it up on my old radio (LOL) and glad I did.  Thanks for the suggestions though guys, I'll try to stream tomorrow's game on the internet.  The last 8 minutes when SF cut the big lead and actually took the lead I said well there is the "punch in the face" to quote KD and I texted my buddy and said let's see how we respond and we pulled it out.  Great ghosts alive, 7 in a row!  This is not your same old Dukes boys, I don't care who we are playing and this SF team was pretty decent.  We lose this game under prior regimes, no question.  Basically KD is winning with players that JF couldn't.  KD really calls it like it is and I love listening to his post-game.  He is realistic, but he has his team believing and he gets them to play hard to the end and to their credit they have responded to him.  As KD said this SF team was probably a middle of the pack A-10 (he compared them to GW and GMason) and my belief is we can compete with any middle of the pack A-10 teams THIS YEAR!  This team is gritty fellas and I can see us finishing a lot higher in the conference than the so called experts predicted.  Congrats to the guys and the staff!  GO DUKES!  

12/23/2017 12:27 am  #44

Looks like we dodged a bullet in not drawing Nevada. They are really good. They are better than any A10 team this year (I believe they already beat URI). Top 25 team.

12/23/2017 1:16 am  #45

I don’t post often, usually just follow along with the discussion, but I have to say, this team is fun to watch again. I can’t remember the last time I looked forward to watching them like I do now.

Dambrot has been all he was hyped to be thus far, Ferry’s team lose that game ten out of ten times after blowing a double digit lead like that. That was his hallmark.

12/23/2017 1:37 am  #46

Under protest my wife made me go to a friends house when I wanted to stay and listen on line. Turns out friend had FS2 and I got to see it all.  2 wins in a row the like of we have not seen in quite some time. So. Illinois going to be in a sour mood tomorrow. Let's keep it that way. These Duke's haven't folded up like a cheap tent when the times got tough. 

12/23/2017 2:28 am  #47

Dukes2012 wrote:

Looks like we dodged a bullet in not drawing Nevada. They are really good. They are better than any A10 team this year (I believe they already beat URI). Top 25 team.

Dodged meaning we cant lose to a bad team?   Lets beat'em!

12/23/2017 7:17 am  #48

Gutty effort for the win !!!

Almost let it get away., and as others have correctly pointed out , this most assuredly  would have been an "L" in the bad old days .

What a difference some proper in game strategy and management looks like compared to what we have been conditioned to seeing.

Mr. Lewis really stepping up these last couple of games at crunch time when he is needed most. Mad props to him !!!

Smash ( or at least nip ) the Salukies !!!!

12/23/2017 7:57 am  #49

duq81 wrote:

Notice the absence of certain posters during this streak?

like most good message boards, they will be out in full force the moment the dukes lose with an I told you so....

12/23/2017 9:23 am  #50

Listening to the game last night since I could not stream it due to Comcast, it brought back memories of the 70-71 team of NCAA fame, 21-4, but Red played his share of home games.

We go on a western three game road trip to Creighton with their All American candidate Cyril Babtist, won that one, then on to San Fransisco and to Santa Clara, two more wins and the ratings climbed.

I stayed up and listened to all games on radio, with Ray Goss and John Cinicola on color , I think.

Last night I was just a excited as I was some 47 years ago.

Good luck tonite, Dukes!

Last edited by Phildog (12/23/2017 9:24 am)

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera