Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2018 10:54 am  #1

A rising Duke

While watching the VCU battle I could not help but notice the fire which Verhoven was playing at, there were so many blocks and disruptions he was causing in the first half helping keeping the best player VCU had scoreless.

That big forward with the dyed mop of hair was being held in check, T continued to be active in the 2nd half blocking shots and grappling for rebounds.

There was one exchange near the end of the game when that blond and T battled for a rebound and it was called a jump ball. Verhoven held on and was thrown about 5 feet back never taking his eyes off the big fella.

He played 31 min before fouling out with 5 points, 8 boards and 3 (?) blocks, I counted at least 5.

If he can bring this to the rest of the games this year, Dambrots Dukes will be in for more good times.

And yes, he is only a young freshman.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/11/2018 11:58 am  #2

Re: A rising Duke

Phildog - you are not the only one who noticed.  There were lot of positive comments about him on the VCU board.  One poster even referred to him as another Bill Russell.

Last edited by indygjm (1/11/2018 11:59 am)

1/11/2018 6:07 pm  #3

indygjm wrote:

Phildog - you are not the only one who noticed.  There were lot of positive comments about him on the VCU board.  One poster even referred to him as another Bill Russell.

Respect on our board and not just for for Tydus. 
You guys got good pieces and a great coach I think good things are coming up for you.

1/11/2018 6:45 pm  #4

He was amazing in the paint and gave it his all.  He looked exhausted by the 4th quarter since he had to take up minutes due to foul trouble with our other bigs.

He had at least 3 more blocks than given credit for.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

1/11/2018 6:51 pm  #5

I'm started to like the VCU fans. We got more respect from them in a loss than we got in the 3 wins.

1/11/2018 9:25 pm  #6

WashPaRick wrote:

I'm started to like the VCU fans. We got more respect from them in a loss than we got in the 3 wins.

Appreciate the VCU comments and well-wishes. VCU is a flagship A-10 program.

Verhoeven has a special skill, and the score keepers miss half of his blocks because it happens so quickly.  Seemingly impossible blocks stop an easy lay-up, and TV gets no credit. We all saw 6 to 8 blocks, and the box score and record book says it was 3. Wake up, scorekeepers. These numbers are damn important.

1/11/2018 10:09 pm  #7

Rim protectors allow you to extend your defense. Hopefully he'll have more help inside next year.

Board footera