Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2018 9:35 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Saint Louis Billikens

Cripes, triple double, in less than 31 minutes.   That dopey sounding guy was right.

1/17/2018 9:48 pm  #52

townsonkid wrote:

Is Krivacevic getting a medical redshirt? We need some inside/size with some skill set.

​obvsiously not  as of now

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2018 9:52 pm  #53

I like him.   Long and quick.  Made 2 FTs.  And can make our press a lot better.   I hope he gets some more time moving forward.   
Looks like a bball player

1/17/2018 10:02 pm  #54

Oh look Lum & Abner just mentioned that the referees are refereeing "to the score" again.

Everybody Drink!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2018 10:05 pm  #55

SL might be the dumbest team.   This game should be over a while ago but they want to dunk and run it up, showboat.  Too bad we couldnt get like 9 unanswered to scare them.

1/17/2018 10:16 pm  #56

Something happened with JRob, he went out with 3 fouls and never came back.

Let's hope our team didn't turn into what we saw tonight, our scorers like
2-10, 2-12 until the game was almost over. They had so many assists and rebounds.

We better win almost all at home the rest of year, cause this may not be a road team.

I wouldn't like to be in the next practice if I was on our team

A diehard fan since 1961

1/17/2018 10:24 pm  #57

The A10 is crazy right now.  1/3 into conference play, we can finish 2nd or 13th.   
Coaches know what DU has.  Williams isnt sneaking up on anyone anymore.  Lewis needs to develop a pull up drive, anything to get more good looks.   
0 and 55 are what the SLU annnouncers said, they are basically 10 fouls.  Marko showed signs.  He’s not a post player, but might need to be.   He’s athletic compared to Herman Munster and Lurch.

1/17/2018 10:34 pm  #58

The Dukes have nothing up front. 3 points from our 4 main frontcourt players. We may be 2-3 years away from having any real firepower up front.

1/17/2018 10:46 pm  #59

Don’t panic. We will be fine, everyone has a bad shooting night.

1/17/2018 10:48 pm  #60

townsonkid wrote:

They are dummies i think. Dude talking about triple double already. 😂

How's that triple double for ya?

1/17/2018 10:56 pm  #61

Hows that career in used car sales for ya?  Did you move an '89 Bonnieville today?

Last edited by townsonkid (1/17/2018 10:56 pm)

1/17/2018 11:00 pm  #62

MattyMo213 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

They are dummies i think. Dude talking about triple double already. 😂

How's that triple double for ya?

He had just missed a triple double earlier this year.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/17/2018 11:08 pm  #63

League road games are hard and wins have been hard to come by in the A10 thus far. 31/41 league games have gone the home team's way. 

Need to hold serve at home for these next two. Hopefully the Red and Blue Crew's pregame outing is a success getting students out to Saturday's game and the Duquesne community is out in full force as well for the Mason game.

1/18/2018 12:36 am  #64

the color commentator sounded like Yoda but without any wise prophetic words

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/18/2018 4:40 am  #65

Smith, ML2, & Williams combined 9/23?

Ouch.

1/18/2018 6:42 am  #66

As you know, some teams just do Not match up well with others due to style, size of players at certain positions, etc. We just don’t match up well with our players vs. their players. Let’s hope we won’t have to get by them in the tournament.

As far as it being mentioned that we got out coached I disagree. It is the close games where the coaching can be seen. When you get eaten up and spit out my lowly opinion has been that’s on the players you have. Coach D didn’t get dumb overnight. That team is a bad match for us.

Last edited by FAM (1/18/2018 6:44 am)

1/18/2018 7:16 am  #67

Not sure what effect it had on the game but their players were all thick. They didn't have any thinner players like Williams, Smith, James,Lewis, Castro,and Krivacevic.

1/18/2018 8:08 am  #68

I didn't see the game but noticed that Lewis, Castro, Smith and Williams combined for 50 of 58 shots (86%) compared with 43-65 (66%) vs. LaSalle. Glad they're going tall next year.  Any guesses on who among the big transfers or freshmen (or current freshmen)  might be an offensive force inside in 2019?

1/18/2018 8:45 am  #69

Watched this game, Brown and JRob did almost nothing, Verhoven had three rebounds all near end of game.

Williams,Jr. Picked up 2 quick fouls if first min. First half, but was forced to come back in since offense was going nowhere.

A lot of dribbling and forced three's is what we got from our 6 footers, only Rene was effective in scoring.

Bad match ups for sure, but a lot of one on one which resulted in bad passes, stolen and tipped passes and 6 shots blocked.

This looked like last year's team in many ways.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/18/2018 10:02 am  #70

Absolutely a bad match up for us. Haven't really experienced that so far. We have been able to hang with most teams that we have played. St. Louis looked like they could eat us up. Sometimes when one thing goes wrong, it all goes wrong. CB can't seem to stay on the floor for many minutes. No loss is a bad one if you can learn from it and grow. The return match at home will not be easy but believe it can be a different outcome.. Think the team will bounce back and make a good showing against Mason this Saturday. GO DUKES!!

1/18/2018 10:16 am  #71

Last night, their defense was better than our defense. The Dukes struggled mightily against that aggressive, trapping 1-3-1 zone that completely disrupted their rhythm. And the Dukes once again had trouble in preventing dribble drives, resulting in some very easy Billiken shots and 76 points. The Dukes need to shore up their defense against the high ball screen, or the losses will start to mount up. Almost cost them against Pookie and La Salle; and Goodwin, SLU’s spectacular freshman, was nearly unstoppable.

We know what we have at center with JRob and Chas. But we are really hurting offensively at the 4; Tydus, Kellon and Eric contribute very little to an offensive set play. Against Saint Louis’ defense, we were playing 4 on 5.

Tough night for the Dukes. Gotta come out strong on Saturday against George Mason and get a win.

1/18/2018 10:30 am  #72

wharfrat wrote:

I didn't see the game but noticed that Lewis, Castro, Smith and Williams combined for 50 of 58 shots (86%) compared with 43-65 (66%) vs. LaSalle. Glad they're going tall next year. Any guesses on who among the big transfers or freshmen (or current freshmen) might be an offensive force inside in 2019?

Practices next year should be intense.  There is a lot of capable players next year, and you have to think practice will determine who plays.  

There are going to be a lot of options inside, the one incoming player I am excited to see is Wade, the guard.  DU needs a floor general.  

I wouldnt be shocked to see Verhoeven and Kratholm transfer.  I think TV can be a really nice player if he works on his offensive skills, but I also think he could transfer back closer to home, like a WCC school, and do well there too.

Thats just my opinion, not what I want to see happen.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/18/2018 10:31 am)

1/18/2018 11:16 am  #73

1/18/2018 11:19 am  #74

Not worried about what Kratholm does but would really hate to lose TV. Hopefully such a thing will not happen. Next year there will be so much more competition for playing time. This will be a good thing. This year playing time has not necessarily been earned.

1/18/2018 11:30 am  #75

The Dukes were almost comatose last night.  No inside game whatsoever; our players simply don't have the talent or basketball smarts to provide that kind of necessary aspect of the game.  Sorry, folks, but that's why the Billikens were able to control not only the tempo, but the entire game after the first two or three minutes.

I hope we can avoid the usual late season collapse — a painful decline even under Everhart, especially in the month of February — which has become a sort of Duquesne tradition, but after last night's dismal performance I'm not sure that's possible.

Board footera